Montgomery Township Baseball & Softball Association

General League Announcements and Discussion
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Montgomery Township Baseball & Softball Association

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Montgomery Township Baseball and Softball Association has requested that any and all Softball America teams refrain from using their ball fields.

Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:35 AM
To: leaguedirector
Subject: Softball America and Montgomery Township Fields

Les,

My name is Brian Ferko and I am the President of Montgomery Township Baseball and Softball Organization (MTBSA). I am reaching out to you regarding a team or teams using Montgomery Township Softball fields without permit and during times when our league- a youth organization from 6-16 year olds- is using the fields. My coaches have had to ask a team to leave a field on multiple times in the past few weeks including this past Sunday am when a Softball America team was practicing on one of our fields and hitting into a MTBSA practice on another field- the field in question was at the Rosetwig Softball complex on Kenas Road in North Wales. I confirmed with the Township Board that no Softball America team has requested to use a field this season.

I wanted to bring this to your attention so that we don't have any issues going forward. Unfortunately over the years we have had teams- I don't believe they were Softball America teams but not 100% sure- jump on our fields and when told they aren't permitted to use the field things got heated. The fields are able to be used through a permit process with the Township and while MTBSA has permitted the fields during the season we do work with other organizations/teams for them to use the fields when MTBSA may have open times or nights.

Again I wanted to bring this to your attention so that a solution can be arrived at that works for all.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Brian Ferko
Brian,

I do not schedule or condone any kind of practices or games on Montgomery Township fields. If people from my league are using your ball fields on their own time, it is without my knowledge or consent. I certainly can’t control what people do outside of Softball America, but I can/will send out a league notice respectfully asking league members to refrain from using any Montgomery Township ball field if in fact they are using your fields.

Les Greenstein
Softball America
Cutting Edge Sports, Inc
215.822.8777, option 9