Major League Poster

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Joestheman »

Yeah Ryan, we're aware.
stoney 2
Rookie Poster

Post by stoney 2 »

Assuming we follow state guidelines organized sports are permitted in the green phase. If we assume 14 days in yellow, we hopefully transition to green on June 19th. Perhaps tentative start date for summer season around that date?
stoney 2
Rookie Poster

Post by stoney 2 »

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Quite a few league members are under the misconception that we will be able to open our 2020 softball season on June 5th (yellow phase). I wish that were the case. According to the state of Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Facility Reopening Guidelines, we cannot open the season until either or both Bucks and Montgomery Counties move to the green phase. Click the link below for more detail.

My hope is once we move to the yellow phase, the green phase will only be a couple or few weeks behind. If we can open somewhere around the 4th of July or sooner, we can negotiate Summer and Fall seasons without too much issue. We might even be able to salvage the Memorial Day tournament and play it on a Saturday in late July (7/25 ) if league members are on board.

http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/misc/PRPS.pdf
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Gov. Wolf Adds Eight Counties to Yellow and 17 to Green on May 29, Remainder to Yellow on June 5
May 22, 2020

Furthering his plan for reopening Pennsylvania, Governor Tom Wolf today announced eight additional counties will move to yellow and 17 to green, effective at 12:01 a.m., May 29. All remaining counties in red are expected to move to yellow by June 5 at 12:01 a.m.

The counties moving to yellow on May 29 include Dauphin, Franklin, Huntingdon, Lebanon, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, and Schuylkill.

The 17 counties moving to green, also on May 29, include Bradford, Cameron, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Forest, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Montour, Potter, Snyder, Sullivan, Tioga, Venango and Warren.

Counties that remain in red on May 29 and are expected to move to yellow by June 5 include Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lackawanna, Lancaster, Lehigh, Northampton, Montgomery, and Philadelphia.

https://www.governor.pa.gov/newsroom/go ... on-june-5/
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

With the exception of Central Bucks School District, area ball fields will open once the Governor moves us to the green phase (see township updates below).

Central Bucks School District

Good Morning Les,

I hope you are well. Dr. Kopicki made the hard decision last Friday evening to keep our buildings and fields closed for the entire summer. (see letter below, section under summer camps) I am sorry as I know everyone wants to get back to normal as soon as possible. At this time we are not accepting any facilities use requests for the fall as we have no idea what the plan will be for then.

Stay Well,

Luisa Isernia
CBSD Facilities & Operations Dept.

Horsham Township

Good morning all,

I am just touching base as it appears we will be moving to the yellow phase on June 5th. While this is positive news and a step in the right direction, the guidelines we are following will not permit organized sports until green phase. Please reference the link below to see these guidelines. I hope to see green phase before the playing seasons close out to get you out of the fields but we need everyones help to respect and understand these guidelines. I hope you are all staying well and safe and I will be in touch soon.
https://files.constantcontact.com/f086 ... 0bf2f5.pdf

Best Wishes,

Ian R. Hammer MPA, CPSI
Director of Public Works
Horsham Township

Hatfield Township

Good afternoon,

You are receiving this email because you submitted an application for a 2020 field rental in Hatfield Township.

Attached is the Hatfield Township Reopening Plan. Under the current plan, organized sports via permit will not resume until the Green Phase. At that time, we will have additional waivers and regulations.

This plan will continue to change as we receive more information and updates. Please understand that safety is always the number one priority. As we move through the Yellow Phase and grow closer to the Green Phase, I will be sending additional updates and important information to prepare you to resume field use.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your patience as we have worked through these circumstances. I know this has not been easy for anyone and we look forward to working with you again soon.

Thanks,

Ashley Broudy, CPRP
Director of Parks and Recreation
Hatfield Township

Telford Borough

Good Morning!

As an update to my May 8th e-mail, all Telford Borough recreation facilities and ball fields will continue to be closed until at least June 15th.

Our Borough Council will meet on the evening of June 15th, so I will provide an update after that date.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Megan
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

According to the PA executive order issued today, face coverings are required if you are outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet from individuals who are not a member of your household.

If we can maintain a 6' distance to one another, my hope is we will be okay to continue to play.
Bull69
Rookie Poster

Post by Bull69 »

Wolf is a moron