Welcome to the New SBA Message Board Forum. Click here to read more.

Welcome to the New SBA Message Board Forum

General League Announcements and Discussion
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Welcome to the New SBA Message Board Forum

Post by sixofdiamonds » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:05 pm

This is the league's 4th move to a new forum. This should be our last. We started with EZBoard in the winter of 2000. After about 10 years, EZBoard sold out to Yuku. The move was rather seamless so, OK. Then, Yuku moved us over to Tapatalk, which I've since labeled Crapatalk. The league pays a yearly fee to use the forums ad-free but I was, under no circumstances, going to give Crapatalk a nickel for their horrible product. So, I decided to build our own board - one that is hosted on our own server (cuttingedgesports.net). As you might imagine, building it was rather labor intensive but I think it will be worth it.

The new board is completely and entirely controlled by Softball America. The customization options are endless. The one drawback, as is the case with every BBCode board, is that tables are very difficult to insert into posts. The best workaround for that would be to take a screen shot of the completed table, upload it somewhere, and post the image of the table in place of the actual table.

I wanted the board to look and feel like the Ezboard/Yuku boards of the past and I believe I've accomplished that. Registration is simple. All you need to do is click the Register link located at the top right side of the board main page. Enter a User Name, Email Address, Password, and Real Name. Anonymous posting is prohibited so a real name is required.

Once I receive your application and if everything is in order, your registration will be approved. You will then receive an approval email with instructions on how to log in. The registration by approval process is needed to keep spammers and undesirables from posting on our private forum.

Those of you that were moderators of the last forum will need to register once again. When your registration is complete, send me an email requesting to be the moderator for your specific forum(s), i.e Game Scores, League Standings, Softball America Magazine, etc.

While it's impossible to make everyone happy all of the time, I hope the new board makes most of you happy most of the time.

blouderback
Rookie Poster

Re: Welcome to the New SBA Message Board Forum

Post by blouderback » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:34 am

Looks good! I'm happy.