Sunday Morning Men's / Fall 2018

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Sunday Morning Men's / Fall 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Week 1 of the Sunday Morning Men's schedule for the Fall 2018 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage, call the game line or click here... Sunday Morning Men's

Games this week will be played behind Doyle Elementary School in Doylestown. A map to the ball field is located here...
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/sba2/m ... lemap.html

The full schedule will be posted following the first round of the playoffs which hopefully will be next Monday.

In spite of the postponed games on September 9th, the Sunday Men's fall season will still begin on September 23rd. Teams that do not make it to the summer 2/3 finals on the 23rd will begin the fall season on the 23rd.

If the new teams and the teams returning from taking the summer off can be ready to play on the 16th, those teams will start on the 16th.
Sunday Men’s Managers,

As I’m sure you’re aware, this year has been a very wet one. The spring and summer seasons have pushed us to a late fall start. The summer playoffs are now slated for 9/16 and the summer best of 3 finals for the 9/23. I have 1 field available on the 16th (Unami) and we can start the fall season on the 16th with new teams and teams returning from summer layoff. I will have 3 fields available on the 23rd and your teams along with those that do not make the 2/3 finals can continue playing the fall season while the others finish out the summer.

My question to you is, “Can you have your team ready, willing, and able to play next Sunday morning?”. Please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks,
Les
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Sunday Morning Men's / Fall 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The Sunday Morning Men's schedule will be posted tomorrow. The 8 teams listed below will play this Sunday, September 16th.

The Yankee Clippers
Insurance Runs
Isotopes
Randazzo's Pizza
Hambinos
The Expendables
The Process
Wild Fire

24 more teams, those that fail to make it to the 2/3 finals, will play on September 23rd.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

If all goes according to plan, we will play the balance of the regular season in 5 weeks with as many double headers as can be schedule. The post season, with a little help from Mother Nature, will start on November 4th. Think sun!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Sunday Men’s Managers,

I've come to realize it’s possible, but not feasible to play the fall regular season in 5 weeks. Doing so would place teams in extremely uncomfortable scheduling situations including but not limited to numerous traveling double headers, a potential 1-game wait between double headers at the same field, and possible traveling triple headers if there are a few postponements. I can’t in good conscience put teams through that.

A 6-week, 8-game, regular season would alleviate a lot, not all, but a lot of those situations. However, that would place the 2/3 finals at November 18th. Ball field owners have extended to us a sympathetic ear toward our scheduling issues and are willing to work with us, but as far as league members are concerned, there is the possibility we could play the finals on the 25th of November or even the first week in December. Not unheard of as we’ve done that in years past, but it does get cold. If Mother Nature is not kind to us, the potential for Saturday games will increase.

Please make your teammates aware of the possible issues this fall season may present. If this is something the team does not want to deal with, please pull the plug now and sit out the season. The last thing I need is a bunch of disgruntled league members crying to me how unfair everything is and how they pay a lot of money to play in this league… yada, yada, yada. If the team knows in advance about the potential issues the fall season may bring, there shouldn’t be any issue.

It’s been an extraordinarily wet year with an unprecedented number of game postponements. I am more than willing to put forth the effort and absorb the additional costs for us to play a full 8-game season, but I will definitely need cooperation from league members. Again, if this is something the team prefers not to deal with, please take the season off. I will completely understand.

No need to reply to this email unless you and your teammates make the decision to sit out the fall season.

Thanks,
Les
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

CB School District has closed all athletic fields for this weekend. The games slated for the Doyle Elementary School ball field have been postponed.

I want to thank those of you that were very accommodating in helping me get a jump on the start the fall season. I guess It just wasn’t meant to be. We will start the fall season on the 23rd.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The Sunday Men’s fall schedule is now posted online.

Teams 5, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 27, and 31 are playing in the 2/3 finals at 4 different fields. That leaves us 3 fields with which to start the fall season. 3 fields equates to 12 time slots. Teams 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, and 32 will play this weekend. Team 13 will have a bye this week.

Four teams pulled out because of the potential for traveling double headers and triple headers - Misfits, Isotopes, North Whalers, and Big Bats. As a direct result of their pulling out, we now have the luxury of running the regular season in 5 weeks – 8 games in 5 weeks. No traveling double headers and no triple headers.

I did the best I could to be fair to all and accommodate as many as I could, but the short schedule and multiple, connecting double headers made it extremely difficult. I hope you understand.

Without fall season rainouts, the 2/3 finals will be played on November 11th. Not too shabby.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Slight change to correct a double header conflict. On September 30th, the 2 B North games will move from Lukens 1 to Doyle. The 2 B South games will move from Doyle to Lukens 1.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

B East/West Managers,

Of all things, CB School District is spraying the Doyle field with chemicals and has closed the field for this Sunday. If it’s not rain, it’s some other BS. What a year!

I’ve acquired the use of the Unami upper ball field so we will move all Doyle games to Unami for this coming Sunday. If Groveland gets worked on this week, which it is supposed to, we will play there instead. I won’t know for sure until Thursday. If there is a change, I will be in contact with you. If no change, we will play Unami.

I am truly sorry for all the inconveniences this year, but ball fields are hard to get and becoming even harder to hold on to so we have no choice at this point but to acquiesce. Next year I will put more pressure on Horsham Township to do a better job of maintaining their fields. Horsham ball fields were NEVER like this. I truly believe the sudden drop-off in field quality was a direct result of the sudden departure of the Director of Parks and Recreation. The new guy will have to step it up next year.

The revised schedule now reflects the change from Doyle to Unami.

Les
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

B East/West Managers,

This Sunday’s game which were originally scheduled for Doyle then moved to Unami have moved once again. We will be playing them at the Groveland ball field behind the Groveland Elementary School.

Les
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

When teams in the B East and West dropped out at the last minute, bringing the team total to 6, the number of teams making the playoffs should have dropped along with it (from 6 to 5). Not every team makes the playoffs. The post season schedule has been amended to reflect the appropriate number of playoff eligible teams.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

In accordance with scheduling guidelines, the postponed Hatfield games from 10/21 have been rescheduled for Saturday 11/3.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

CB School District has taken us off CB West and moved us to Groveland. They claim the bad weather has pushed their field work back many weeks and they want to get started prepping the field for the spring. Kind of sucks from where we sit, but it is what it is. They claim a lot of work has been done to Groveland over the past week or so. A revised schedule has been posted online.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The postponed games from 10/28 have been rescheduled for Saturday, November 3rd. The original B East Saturday games slated for November 3rd at Hatfield will be moved to Friday evening, November 9th at the Quarry ball field. A revised schedule is posted online.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Sunday Men’s Managers,

Suggestions on how we could finish the softball season that just won’t end have been coming in from team managers. Some of the ideas make good sense when you consider our current scheduling situation. Whichever way we move forward, the most important thing to me is that it’s as fair as fair can be to as many teams as possible.

Unless there is a major push back from a majority of Sunday Men’s managers, this is how we are going to proceed. The games tomorrow morning (11/4) will be the end of the regular season and the post season will begin on 11/11 as originally scheduled. Yes, we will lose a regular season week, but compensations will be made. Teams that needed those lost games to qualify a player for the post season will be able to use those games as game credits toward a paid roster player. In other words, if one of your paid roster players has only 1 game and your double header will not be played, the 2 games lost will count as 2 games-played for any and all paid roster players, thus qualifying a player in need for the post season. Additionally, every team in each division will make the post season. Divisions that have 6 teams will play the 5-4, 6-3, W54-1, W63-2 format. Divisions that have 7 teams will play the 6-5, 7-4, W65-2, W74-3 format. In this case, the #1 seed will bypass the playoff round and move directly to the 2/3 finals on 11/18.

Listen, I fully realize league members paid for an 8-game season. I’ve done everything in my power to make that happen. Unfortunately, Mother Nature is a formidable foe who has the ability to take away from you whatever you may do outdoors. Hey, I’ve paid for a 9-inning MLB game where it only went 6 innings due to weather. I’ve paid for 18 holes of golf and could only get in 12 due to weather. Stuff happens. Mother Nature will do what she wants to when she wants to do it. I only hope and pray we get half-way decent weather to finish out the fall season.

I truly hope you and your teammates understand.

Les
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Thus far, the only division that will play the season out and NOT go directly to the post season is the B North. I'm fine with whatever the teams in each division decide. I've done my job in making each and every manager aware of the dangers and pitfalls involved with playing late into November or early December. The deadline for manager voting is 4:00 pm today. I hope to have a revised schedule posted early this evening.

This is not a majority rule. It's an all or nothing vote. Divisions can move directly to the post season if and only if every team in the division votes to do so.

A Division
Team 1: Silverbacks - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Jamal Covington
Team 2: Goodfellas - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. John Kiefer
Team 3: Maggios - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Phil Bandini/Chris Beatty
Team 4: Doom Cats - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Chris Hackney
Team 5: Pigeon Boyz - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Mike Gilbert
Team 6: Vertex Demons - Good with whatever
Mgr. Steve Stoneback

B North
Team 7: The Yankee Clippers - Good with whatever
Mgr. Nicholas Todd
Team 8: One Hit Wonders - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Jack Stepnowski
Team 9: Amber Inn - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. David Graves
Team 10: Bulldogs - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Mike Suda
Team 11: Ballz Deep - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Gene Walczak
Team 12: Insurance Runs - Play the season out
Mgr. Colin Beatty
Team 13: Dark Horse - Good with whatever
Mgr. Paul Ferruzzi

B East
Team 14: Baron Von Fritz - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Brandon Rock
Team 15: Dirty Dozen - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Connie Georgiadis
Team 16: The Tropics - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Shawn Thome
Team 17: Hitmen - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Joe Collins/Chad Wood
Team 18: Dirt Stars - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Dan Curran
Team 19: Philly’s Phinest - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. John Quartullo

B West
Team 20: MaGerk’s Pub - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Brian Hilbert
Team 21: Hambinos - Good with whatever
Mgr. Joe Pizzola
Team 22: Hattrick’s Sports Bar - Good with whatever
Mgr. Bill Graef
Team 23: Jackhammers - Go directly to playoffs
Mgrs. Kevin Rosini/Tom Lydon
Team 24: Randazzo's Pizza - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Harry Steglich
Team 25: The Expendables - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Matt Keller

B South
Team 26: Billy Goats - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Bill Miller
Team 27: Maggios - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Drake Sprouse
Team 28: Wild Fire - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Tom Orlando
Team 29: E’s Irish Pub - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Mike Van Fossen
Team 30: The Process - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Mike Marcelline
Team 31: Legends - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Dennis D’Angelo
Team 32: Spartans - Go directly to playoffs
Mgr. Joe Baranski/Jeff Rivera
Hsws77
Rookie Poster

Post by Hsws77 »

Go right to playoffs
mds235
Rookie Poster

Post by mds235 »

Go right to playoffs.
Hsws77
Rookie Poster

Post by Hsws77 »

Harry Steglich go directly to playoffs
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

It's a done deal The A, B East, B West, and B South will start the playoffs this coming Sunday 11/11. The B North will play the final week of the regular season this Sunday 11/11. Let's all say a prayer for the B North, hoping they make it through the 2/3 finals in one piece and before Christmas. 8-)

A revised schedule will be posted shortly.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Sunday Men’s B West Managers,

Due to scheduling conflicts with umpires, groundskeepers and games scheduled for the Sunday Afternoon Coed league (Daylight Savings Time), the B West playoffs for November 11th have been moved from Lukens 1 to Cedar Hill. The game start times have been changed from 9:15, 10:30, 11:45, and 1:00 to 9:00, 10:15, 11:30, and 12:45.

Please be sure all of your players are made aware of the changes. A revised schedule is now posted online.

Les