Opening Day

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Opening Day

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Opening Day has been postponed indefinitely. It's gonna be some time before we're able to SEE the infield, let alone have it firm enough to play on.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Opening Day

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Anyone have an idea of how many inches fell on the Quarry ball field? I'm hearing from 6" to 18".
blueeyed104
Rookie Poster

Post by blueeyed104 »

Chalfont received 10"
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Regardless of how much the weather cooperates or how much the condition of the ball field improves, Andy (Quarry snack bar) has made it crystal clear to me he will not open the field for us to use until Monday, April 2nd. Don't ask me why. His motivation behind this move was not clear. I am hopeful he will change is mind.

So... we are in Opening Day limbo. Monday and Tuesday Opening Days are April 2nd and 3rd. That won't change. Unless something changes today, Opening Day for Wednesday Coed, Thursday Men's, and Friday Coed will be April 4th, 5th, and 6th respectively. Doug Roberts is going to try and get Stover ready for this Friday (March 30th). If he can, we will open with Friday Men's this coming Friday. I've posted the Friday Men's schedule and will send emails and make an announcement on the league website either way.

Should Andy change his mind, which I highly doubt, I will send emails and make an announcement on the league website. If you don't hear from me, Quarry games will begin Monday, April 2nd. Previously posted schedules will be pushed back 1 week and we will start with Week 1 Quarry games.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

As a silver lining, the one-week delay to Opening Day will not cause the Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday leagues to finish any later than they would have in the previous version of the schedule. That is, if Hatfield really is ready to go on April 16th.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

We are now set for an April 5th Opening Day. All weeknight league schedules have been posted.
cnrinker

Post by cnrinker »

Any work on Sundays Schedule? :D
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

I'll have Sunday morning and afternoon schedules posted tomorrow morning.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

Any chance that the overnight weather forecast for Chalfont is an April Fool's joke? 4 inches of snow?
grfulsted

Post by grfulsted »

Think opening day will be before May Bahaha?
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

It best be sooner rather than later or you'll have to find another league director. If we don't get things started soon, I'll be making a quick exit left off the Whitman. :mrgreen:
grfulsted

Post by grfulsted »

I have weighters
Raypan
Rookie Poster

Post by Raypan »

Les -
Are you considering a modified schedule like you did in the fall?
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

No, not at this point.
grfulsted

Post by grfulsted »

This Weather sucks! I am headed to Florida I can’t see any field being safe to play this week.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

You sound so sad on the Game Line, Les.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

That's probably 'cause I am. :( Athough, it's looking good for Thursday Men's to get the ball rolling (pun intended).
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

Let's hope so!
The overnight weather for Chalfont through Saturday night doesn't look as good. More snow?!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Well, we made it. Opening Day did finally arrive, but not without a few hiccups. It was cold. Game 1 was a forfeit. The ball field lights crapped out on us in the 5th inning of Game 3. By Game 4 it was 30 degrees. I've seen better beginnings. But, the Outback/JPH game was a thriller. JPH scored 10 in the top of the 7th. Outback scored 7 in the bottom of the 7th. The game ended 19-19.