Sunday Morning Men's / Summer 2019

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Sunday Morning Men's / Summer 2019

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The official Sunday Morning Men's schedule for the Summer 2019 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage, call the game line (215-822-8777, option 1 for A and B North Divisions, option 8 for B East, West and South Divisions), or click here... Sunday Morning Men's

This schedule was a difficult one to produce with quite a few idiosyncrasies. I had hopes of using the new scheduling format for the summer, but things just didn’t work out. You will notice a small amount of interleague play which is designed to offer a larger variety of opponents. Post season play will not cross over, but remain within each league. The A and B North will have a few games between themselves. The same holds true for the B West and B South. The B East division will play regular and post season within their own league. The same holds true for the B West and B South.

CB School District has removed us from the CB West ball field stating the outfield is getting beat up by soccer and they want to give it a rest. I don’t know. I kind of feel we are getting the short end of the stick here. We will use Groveland for the summer and if need be the upper ball field at Unami. We just acquired the use of the Doyle Elementary ball field to replace CB West. All games originally scheduled for Groveland have been moved to Doyle.

I did my best to produce as fair and balanced a schedule as I could while addressing ball field, umpire, scorekeeper, and manager limitations.

American
Team 1: Doom Cats
Mgr. Chris Hackney
Team 2: Silverbacks
Mgr. Jamal Covington
Team 3: Vertex Demons
Mgr. Steve Stoneback
Team 4: Pigeon Boyz
Mgr. Mike Gilbert
Team 5: Maggios
Mgr. Phil Bandini/Chris Beatty

B North
Team 6: One Hit Wonders
Mgr. Jack Stepnowski
Team 7: Ballz Deep
Mgr. Gene Walczak
Team 8: Misfits
Mgr. Rico Jones
Team 9: The Yankee Clippers
Mgr. Nicholas Todd
Team 10: Philly’s Phinest
Mgr. John Quartullo
Team 11: Amber Inn
Mgr. David Graves

B East
Team 12: Bulldogs
Mgr. Mike Suda
Team 13: Baron Von Fritz
Mgr. Brandon Rock
Team 14: Dirty Dozen
Mgr. Connie Georgiadis
Team 15: Harrigan’s Pub
Mgr. Shawn Thome
Team 16: Dirt Stars
Mgr. Dan Curran
Team 17: HG Coal Fired Pizza
Mgr. Mike Marcelline

B West
Team 18: Jackhammers
Mgrs. Kevin Rosini/Tom Lydon
Team 19: Hambinos
Mgr. Joe Pizzola
Team 20: Isotopes
Mgr. Colin Snyder/Trevor Lane
Team 21: SCLSU Mud Dogs
Mgr. Matt Figueroa/Jason Figueroa
Team 22: Palz Tap House
Mgr. Ryan Nakonieczny

B South
Team 23: Maggios
Mgr. Drake Sprouse
Team 24: Lost Boys
Mgr. Harry Steglich
Team 25: Legends
Mgr. Dennis D’Angelo
Team 26: E’s Irish Pub
Mgr. Mike Van Fossen
Team 27: Spartans
Mgr. Jeff Rivera
Team 28: Pitches Be Crazy
Mgr. Brian Hughes
Team 29: Sons of Pitches
Mgr. AJ Bagushinski
Team 30: Sticky Bandits
Mgr. Brain Mish
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Sunday Morning Men's / Summer 2019

Post by sixofdiamonds »

An error on my part has resulted in a slight schedule change that effects only the B East in Weeks 2 and 3. Once again, all games originally scheduled for Groveland have been moved to Doyle Elementary.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

A misunderstanding resulted in a team being left out of the summer season. The Sticky Bandits have been added to the B South line-up of teams. As a result, there will be no interleague play between the B West and B South. The West and South will play games within their respective divisions. Any resultant schedule changes have impacted the B West and B South divisions. A revised schedule has been posted.

My apologies to any and all teams that may be inconvenienced by these changes. I'm doing the best I can.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

All 5 teams in the A division are making the playoffs this summer. This was not by design.I screwed up with the A division schedule and I didn't even realize it until it was just pointed out to me. Every team in any league is not supposed to make the playoffs. It's been this way always.

Looking back, what happened was one of the A division teams (Goodfellas) dropped out at the very last minute (I had 6 until a few days before the start of the season). I scurried to redo the schedule and in my haste I mistakenly failed to amend the playoff part of the schedule. In all honesty, had I known about this a few weeks ago, I would have fixed it, but it's way too late for me to do anything about it now. I can't in good conscience bump the 5th seed at this point. That would be cruel and unusual punishment and just not the right thing to do as far as I am concerned.

All I can do is apologize. The 5th seed in the A division should never have gotten into the post season, but it is what it is. I screwed up and I will own it.