Thursday Evening Men's / Fall 2019

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Thursday Evening Men's / Fall 2019

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The official Thursday Evening Men's schedule for the Fall 2019 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage, call the game line (215-822-8777, option 6), or click here... Thursday Evening Men's

The suspended summer finals from 9/12 have been incorporated into Week 1 of the fall schedule. The Commission and Outback will have a regular season bye on 9/19 in order to finish their summer series at the Quarry 6:30 on the same date. Ballz Deep will play a regular season game at the Quarry 7:45 and finish their summer season series at Hatfield 9:30. Hemlock Philosophers will play a regular season game at Hatfield 8:15 and finish their summer season series at Hatfield 9:30.

If I don't say so myself, that was some pretty creative scheduling there. Thursdays have been a scheduling challenge to say the least. After all is said and done, there will be no Tuesday or Friday games scheduled... at least for now. And... we have 1 week, maybe 2 to give for postponements.

We will play the fall season with 5 teams in the A Division and 5 teams in the B division. To break up the monotony, there will be a smattering of inter-divisional play.

Playoff games for the first week of the post season were placed in the latter time slots to accommodate the 'Trick or Treaters'. A rainout will destroy that plan. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

A Division
Team 1: The Commission Re/Max Action Realty 215-450-0668 pblack0815@yahoo.com
Mgr. Phil Black
Team 2: Outback Steakhouse
Mgr. Jack Fitzpatrick
Team 3: Hooligans
Mgr. Craig Henderson
Team 4: Vertex
Mgr. Matt Schaub
Team 5: Ballz Deep
Mgr. Gene Walczak

B Division
Team 6: Hemlock Philosophers
Mgr. Randy Rongione
Team 7: The Max Challenge
Mgr. Tim Kulp
Team 8: Sex Panther by Odeon
Mgr. Keith Hass
Team 9: DaVanzo Shift
Mgr. Dave Shannon
Team 10: Garges Gang
Mgr. Bob Garges
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Thursday Evening Men's / Fall 2019

Post by sixofdiamonds »

In accordance with scheduling guidelines, the postponed games from 10/3 have been rescheduled for Saturday, October 19th.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Some in the league are making accusations that I bent the rules for Thursday Men's Vertex. That couldn't be further from the truth. I have never bent the rules and never will. I've lost friends in the past because I would not bend the rules for them.

Vertex questioned whether Zack Martin was an all-star. I looked it up under All-Star Current Status and Zach's name was not listed. I ruled he was not an all-star. As it turns out, he was listed as an all-star here...
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/statis ... or2019.htm and should have been on the Current Status list. That was my mistake and I owned up to it and apologized for it. Vertex followed the proper protocol and I will not penalize a team for a ruling error on my part. Mistakes happen. The only people I know that are perfect... well, the cemetaries are full of them. If you want to think I did this intentionally, that is your prerogative.
Bull69
Rookie Poster

Post by Bull69 »

Why would it matter if zacks an all star or not ?
You can have 12 all stars as long as you only play 7
Sounds like someone doesn’t understand the rules 😥
And if vertex played 8 all stars then the other team should have protested it !!!
Geno8121
Triple A Poster

Post by Geno8121 »

Well Craig since I’m sure your speaking on another issue you don’t know about. Vertex played 8 all stars game 1 Vs us and we did protest and were told that Zach Martin wasn’t an all start when in fact he was, thanks for your comment though :)

Glad I could help you understand the rules though.

Lastly we completely understand the mistake and look forward to competing next year.

JV B team ( that should have made the playoffs) out.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Thursday Men’s Managers,

With measurable snow forecast for Tuesday, November 12th and ball field/insurance leases expiring midnight on the 14th, our options for finishing out the Thursday Men’s fall season have dwindled to the playoffs on Wednesday, November 13th and the finals on Thursday, November 14th. That is, IF Mother Nature doesn’t hit us too hard on Tuesday AND we can get the fields ready for Wednesday.

It is what it is and was what it was-- a very rough weather year for Thursday Men’s. Please let me know if you will not be able to field a team so I can let your opponent know in advance to save them a needless trip to the ball field.

Thank you!