Sunday Morning Men's / Summer 2021

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Sunday Morning Men's / Summer 2021

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The official Sunday Morning Men's schedule for the Summer 2021 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage or click here...Sunday Morning Men's

The Sunday Men’s summer schedule will feature, as usual, 5 divisions. Each team in the A and B North will play 1 crossover game with an individual post season within their own divisions. B East, West, and B South will also play an individual post season within their own divisions. No regular season games are scheduled past 12:45, however, rainouts down the road may dictate otherwise. Without rainouts, the post season lands on 8/22 where all Horsham fields are dark. The B East and B West will play a 2:00 and 3:45. If a rainout pushes the post season past 8/22, the playoffs will be expanded in the B East and West to include the top 6 teams and games will not start later than 12:45. The top 6 seeds in the B South will play at Groveland.

I did my best to produce as fair and balanced a schedule as I possibly could while addressing certain manager, umpire, and scorekeeper needs. Not an easy task. Much like fitting the proverbial square peg into the round hole. If you find your team has been slighted in any way, shape, or form, let me know and I will try and make amends in the fall season.

A Division
Team 1: Doom Cats
Mgr. Chris Hackney
Team 2: Silverbacks
Mgr. Shawn Rush
Team 3: Demons
Mgr. Steve Stoneback
Team 4: Pigeon Boyz
Mgr. Tom Rider/KC Ingram
Team 5: Dirty Dozen
Mgr. Connie Georgiadis

B North
Team 6: Wire2Wire Sports Podcast
Mgr. Gene Walczak
Team 7: One Hit Wonders
Mgr. Jack Stepnowski
Team 8: Misfits
Mgr. Rico Jones
Team 9: Bulldogs
Mgr. Mike Suda
Team 10: Birdgang
Mgr. Jason McLaughlin

B East
Team 11: Dave & Confused
Mgr. David Graves
Team 12: Dirt Stars
Mgr. Dan Curran/Myles Davis
Team 13: Sunday Scaries
Mgr. Josh Persing
Team 14: Palz Tap House
Mgr. Ryan Nakonieczny
Team 15: Alliance Hauling
Mgr. Will Schulz
Team 16: Harrigan’s
Mgr. Patrick Smith
Team 17: Saints and Sinners
Mgr. James Standish

B West
Team 18: Cifelli’s Sunoco
Mgr. Mike Cifelli/Sam Ryan
Team 19: Ball Busters
Mgr. Mike Marcelline
Team 20: Sons of Pitches
Mgr. AJ Bagushinski
Team 21: The Swingers
Mgr. Ben Razzi
Team 22: Steam
Mgr. Tyler Fornwalt
Team 23: The Hounds
Mgr. Brandon Roman
Team 24: Christian Clout Chasers
Mgr. James Webb
Team 25: Philly’s Phinest
Mgr. John Quartullo

B South
Team 26: Broad Street Bullies
Mgr. Derek Muhl
Team 27: The Naturals
Mgr. Partha Patel
Team 28: D & A Electric
Mgr. Drake Sprouse
Team 29: Web Gems
Mgr. Arik Fenton
Team 30: Sticky Bandits
Mgr. Tom Cieri
Team 31: Hitmen
Mgr. Dennis D’Angelo
Team 32: SCLSU Muddogs
Mgr. Jason Figueroa
Team 33: Spartans
Mgr. Jeff Rivera/Josh Rivera
Team 34: Lucky Dog Bar & Grill
Mgr. Ryan McAvey
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Sunday Morning Men's / Summer 2021

Post by sixofdiamonds »

An error on my part has resulted in a slight divisional modification. The Ball Busters will play as Team 16 in the B East. Harrigan's will play as Team 19 in the B West.
Rmcavey
Rookie Poster

Post by Rmcavey »

How does one become a Mgr.? Must be earned.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Having 'Mgr.' listed in front of your name does not mean you are not a manager nor does it need to be earned. It was not listed in front of your name on the schedule because it was either inadvertently omitted, a typo, or it got lost in the copy/paste process. The Sunday Men's schedule has been amended to reflect your manager status. So too has the post listed above.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Sunday Men's stats and standings will be current within the next few days. The next posting will included Weeks 1 and 2. The Sunday and Wednesday Coed statistician was laid up in the hospital and he is the one responsible for uploading the Sunday Men's sheets as well as the Sunday and Wednesday Coed sheets. While the Sunday Men's statistician was able to work, the sheets weren't available to her. That has all been resolved and everything should get back to normal shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience. Appreciate your understanding.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The games we lost at Lukens 1 on 7/18 has forced the schedule to be adjusted moving forward. While only 6 teams were affected by the rainout, other teams have been slightly impacted in the rescheduling. I was able to avoid any 2:00 pm games as well as Saturday make-ups.

Please look over the schedule carefully. Your game/s may have been moved to another ball field to accommodate a connecting double header. In 2 instances, a team will have a 9 am game at Lukens 3 and a 10:30 game at Lukens 1. These ‘traveling’ DHs have been highlighted in yellow.

A revised schedule has been posted online.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

In accordance with scheduling guidelines, 6 of the 8 postponed games from August 1st have been reschedule for Saturday, August 14th. I managed to find a home for 2 match-ups in the regular season, but my hands are tied with the other 6 games. A revised schedule has been posted online.

Remember, up to 4 non-roster players (subs) can be used without taking a batting out (see rule below). The only penalty for using a sub(s) is to play the field with not more than 9.
A men’s league team may sub with up to 4 non-roster players; however, not more than 1 of the subs may be listed in the previous year’s men's league Player of the Year (POTY) top ten. Additionally, the team can play with not more than 9. A sub-use batting out shall be imposed if a men’s league team uses a men's league POTY candidate and/or more than 1 sub. Exception: The sub-use batting out for the use of more than 1 non-roster sub shall NOT be imposed in games played on a day/night other than a league's regular day/night. This exception shall NOT apply to POTY candidates.