Friday Evening Coed / Summer 2018

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Friday Evening Coed / Summer 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The official Friday Evening Coed schedule for the Summer 2018 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage, call the game line (215-822-8777, option 7), or click here... Friday Evening Coed

Team 1: Andy’s Snack Bar Eureka Quarry Field 215-822-6910
Mgr: John Kiefer
Team 2: Ballz Deep
Mgr: Gene Walczak
Team 3: Hagan’s Heroes
Mgr: Keith Keppley
Team 4: GoRoostr
Mgr. Greg Thompson
Team 5: Unwanted Softball Players
Mgr. Lowell Snyder
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Friday Evening Coed / Summer 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

In almost 20 years of running Softball America, I have never been more embarrassed or ashamed of a league ‘situation’ as I am about what happened this past Friday night. I want to extend my sincere apology to the Friday Coed league.

The ultimate decision to continue playing the games was mine. My decision was based strictly on ASA protocol with information provided to me by a league official that had lost control of the situation. I wanted to know 3 things: 1) Was lightning protocol followed? 2) Was the field playable? 3) Were the games called at any point? The answer I received for 1 and 2 were yes. The answer for number 3 was no.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

I have reached out to the ASA. This issue is still under investigation.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

After a lengthy discussion with the game umpire and in accordance with ASA protocol, I have no authority to force a replay of any games from Friday, July 28th. The final results stand. This case is closed. The home plate umpire handled the situation poorly and as a result has been suspended indefinitely. I am sorry this happened and even more sorry it had to end this way.