Men's League Seasonal Records

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Men's League Seasonal Records

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Two long-standing seasonal league records are on the verge of being broken.

After 7 games and 23 at-bats in the Sunday Morning Men's league, Jonn Poore (Doom Cats) has 21 hits and is batting 913. He needs 1 at-bat to qualify (24) and nothing less than a perfect day at the plate (1/1, 2/2, etc.) to break the 18-year old men's league seasonal batting average record of 903 set by Frank Hackett in the Tuesday Men's fall season of 2003. Jonn is set to play this coming Sunday morning vs. Dirty Dozen at the Quarry, 11:30 am. Good luck, Jonn!

After 7 games and 33 at-bats in the Tuesday Evening Men's league, Tom Ivers (Philly Junk) has 27 hits. Tom needs 4 hits to break (3 to tie) the 23-year old men's league seasonal mark of 30 hits set by yours truly (Les Greenstein) in the Thursday Men's fall season of 1998 (damn I'm old). Tom is set to play this coming Tuesday evening vs. Dingers at the Quarry, 6:30 pm. Good luck, Tom!

You can check out the seasonal league records here...
https://cuttingedgesports.net/statistic ... ecords.htm
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Men's League Seasonal Records

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Regardless of what happens with the hits record, what's even more impressive is the score keeper in 1998 and in 2021 was none other than the First Lady of Softball, Nancy Razzi.
TK15
Double A Poster

Post by TK15 »

While its unlikely to happen with only one more game to play, I believe Brandon Birkhead is 6 home runs away from tying the yearly mens league home run record of 59 set by Penecale. Figured this is worth noting since I'm not sure the last time someone came this close.
Bull69
Rookie Poster

Post by Bull69 »

Question is how many games were the hr hit in by penn vrs birkhead
Shally24

Post by Shally24 »

So far this year pending whatever happened this week Birkhead had 254 AB’s and the year Pen set the record he had 246. He hit more home runs in less at bats so the number of games played doesn’t really matter. Plus both these guys played all 3 men’s leagues so the number of games I’m sure will be extremely close when the final stats are posted this week. That being said hell of a season from Birkhead, goes to show how good you have to be every game to start reaching those types of totals. Not easy to do. 59 is a hard number to reach when you factor in health and weather and wind etc. Congrats on the big year Birky. Pen remains on top for another season.