Monday Evening Coed / Fall 2018

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Monday Evening Coed / Fall 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The official Monday Evening Coed schedule for the Fall 2018 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage, call the game line (215-822-8777, option 3), or click here... Monday Evening Coed

You will notice a new scheduling format. Teams are divided into 2 equally competitive leagues of 6 teams each – American League and National League. The leagues will be formed off of the final summer season standings. In other words, the winner of the summer A Division championship will become Team #1 in the American League for the fall season. The loser of the A Division summer championship will become Team #7 in the National League - so on and so forth.

Scheduling for the fall season will consist of each team playing every team in their league (5 games) plus 3 games vs. the other league. At the end of the regular season, the 1st place teams in each league will move directly to the finals and play one another in the 2/3 A league championship. The remaining playoff contenders (seeds 2 thru 5 in each league) will enter a playoff tournament. The 2 remaining teams (1 from the American League and 1 from the National League) will move to the finals and play the 2/3 B league championship.

American League
Team 1: Andy’s Snack Bar Eureka Quarry Snack Bar 215-822-6910
Mgr. Chris Hesdon
Team 2: Carroll’s Jewelers 470 North Main St., Doylestown PA
215-345-6277 www.thefriendlyjeweler.com
Mgr. Kevin Shinkunas
Team 3: Sons of Pitches
Mgr. Jonathan Duchette
Team 4: Wackers
Mgr. Connie Georgiadis
Team 5: New Age
Mgr. Rich Peterson
Team 6: The Maize at Winding Brook 215-343-8880 www.WindingBrookFarm.com, TheMaizeatWBF@gmail.com
Mgr. Bob Garges

National League
Team 7: Dugout Demons Re/Max Action Realty
215-450-0668 pblack0815@yahoo.com
Mgr. Phil Black/Sean Przychowicz
Team 8: Sharks
Mgr. Tom McCarthy
Team 9: L.A. Pools, Inc. 315 W. County Line Road Hatboro, PA
215-441-5030 www.lapoolsinc.com
Mgr. Rich Reinheimer
Team 10: Bry-Lex
Mgr. Bryce Bundy
Team 11: Blue Dog Tavern 4275 County Line Rd, Chalfont, PA 18914
215-997-9988 www.bluedog.cc
Mgr. Donna Finlayson
Team 12: Roos
Mgr. Dan Wehlau
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Monday Evening Coed / Fall 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Yes, I realize the Patriot Division finals have yet to be decided, but those results will have no bearing on the fall schedule seedings.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

In accordance with scheduling guidelines, the postponed games from 9/24 have been rescheduled for Saturday, October 6th. Remember, all a team needs is 4 roster players to play the game. With 4 subs and the opposing team supplying a catcher, there is a relatively decent chance for your team to win.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Monday Coed Managers,

Hatfield is running Rocktoberfest this weekend rendering the School Road ball field unavailable to us. All Saturday games at Hatfield have been moved to Groveland Elementary School at 1100 North Easton Road, Doylestown, PA 18902. Game times are as originally posted on the schedule. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Les
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The postponed Saturday Quarry games from 10/22 have been rescheduled for Friday 11/2 at the Quarry. The postponed Saturday Hatfield games from 10/22 are tentatively set for Saturday 11/3 at Doyle. I am trying to get them moved to Friday 11/2 at Hatfield, but I have yet to get permission from Hatfield Township to use the field for that Friday. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

2nd request made. Still nothing from Hatfield. They usually get back to me pronto. Strange.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

We have Hatfield for Friday. I will post the schedule later.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

It appears that scheduling this particular set of games is a certain way to ensure that heavy rain will happen on the chosen date. Forecast not looking good for Friday.

What a year for weather overall.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

If we lose Friday, we will play Monday. If we lose Monday, we will play next Saturday.

Does anyone know if we broke the rain record yet? Our area had 50+ inches of rain by the middle of September. We've had a lot more since then. The record is 63".
MikeY
Triple A Poster

Post by MikeY »

According to the National Weather Service's site...Bucks is at 52.9" and Montco is at 55.1" for the year so far.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The schedule for the remainder of the fall season has changed. With the winners of the American and National leagues already decided, we will move directly to the A Division Finals. Dugout Demons has the best record in the National League. In the American League, Andy’s has a 6-2 record while Sons of Pitches has a 4-2 record. Even if Sons of Pitches wins both ends of their double header, Andy’s holds the head to head tie-breaker. Andy’s and Dugout Demons will play the 2/3 A Divisions championship series on Monday, November 5th. The series will start at 7:45.

The postponed 11 vs. 12 game from 11/2 has been rescheduled for Monday, 11/5, 6:30 at the Quarry. The 8 vs. 9 game from 11/2 has been rescheduled for Monday, 11/5, 7 pm at Hatfield. The 3 vs. 5 and 2 vs. 3 games from 11/2 have been rescheduled for Monday, 11/5, 8:15 and 9:30 pm at Hatfield.

All of this, of course, if it doesn’t rain again on Monday.

A revised schedule has been posted online.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

If you count Friday's partial rainout, this is like the 5th time this set of games has been postponed! Uncanny. Possibly a conspiracy.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

It IS conspiracy. I knew it. Mother Nature and Father Time are in cahoots!

The postponed games from 11/5 have been rescheduled for June 15, 2019. Not really. Games have been rescheduled for next Monday. Same bat place. Same bat time. A revised schedule will be posted in the morning.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

I'm curious to know what happened with the Monday Coed games that were re-re-rescheduled for Friday, November 2nd.

Based on the fact that only 4 out of 7 of the games are now scheduled for Monday, November 12th, I would have assumed that 3 of the games were decided (either played or forfeited). Les's post above supports this.

However, game scores posted on the message board suggest that only one game at Hatfield was played, and all 4 games at the Quarry were rained out.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=836
The fact that scoresheets were posted only for the Hatfield game further support this.

So what happened with regard to the 1 vs. 4 (Andy's vs. Wackers) and 7 vs. 10 (Demons vs. Bry-Lex) games at the Quarry on Friday, November 2nd? Were forfeits involved?

Thank you!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Sorry, Bill. I meant to answer this awhile ago. It's not that all the re-re-re-re-rescheduling has turned my brain to mush, it's that its turned it to MORE mush. The 1-4 game was a Wackers forfeit and the 7-10 game was a Bry-Lex forfeit.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

Thank you, Les! Makes sense now.

Hoping that the rain in the forecast tomorrow will hold off until the games are completed. :|