Sunday Morning Men's / Fall 2018

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Sunday Morning Men's / Fall 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:30 am

Week 1 of the Sunday Morning Men's schedule for the Fall 2018 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage, call the game line or click here... Sunday Morning Men's

Games this week will be played behind Doyle Elementary School in Doylestown. A map to the ball field is located here...
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/sba2/m ... lemap.html

The full schedule will be posted following the first round of the playoffs which hopefully will be next Monday.

In spite of the postponed games on September 9th, the Sunday Men's fall season will still begin on September 23rd. Teams that do not make it to the summer 2/3 finals on the 23rd will begin the fall season on the 23rd.

If the new teams and the teams returning from taking the summer off can be ready to play on the 16th, those teams will start on the 16th.
Sunday Men’s Managers,

As I’m sure you’re aware, this year has been a very wet one. The spring and summer seasons have pushed us to a late fall start. The summer playoffs are now slated for 9/16 and the summer best of 3 finals for the 9/23. I have 1 field available on the 16th (Unami) and we can start the fall season on the 16th with new teams and teams returning from summer layoff. I will have 3 fields available on the 23rd and your teams along with those that do not make the 2/3 finals can continue playing the fall season while the others finish out the summer.

My question to you is, “Can you have your team ready, willing, and able to play next Sunday morning?”. Please get back to me ASAP.

Thanks,
Les

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Sunday Morning Men's / Fall 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:47 pm

The Sunday Morning Men's schedule will be posted tomorrow. The 8 teams listed below will play this Sunday, September 16th.

The Yankee Clippers
Insurance Runs
Isotopes
Randazzo's Pizza
Hambinos
The Expendables
The Process
Wild Fire

24 more teams, those that fail to make it to the 2/3 finals, will play on September 23rd.

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:49 pm

If all goes according to plan, we will play the balance of the regular season in 5 weeks with as many double headers as can be schedule. The post season, with a little help from Mother Nature, will start on November 4th. Think sun!

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:40 am

Sunday Men’s Managers,

I've come to realize it’s possible, but not feasible to play the fall regular season in 5 weeks. Doing so would place teams in extremely uncomfortable scheduling situations including but not limited to numerous traveling double headers, a potential 1-game wait between double headers at the same field, and possible traveling triple headers if there are a few postponements. I can’t in good conscience put teams through that.

A 6-week, 8-game, regular season would alleviate a lot, not all, but a lot of those situations. However, that would place the 2/3 finals at November 18th. Ball field owners have extended to us a sympathetic ear toward our scheduling issues and are willing to work with us, but as far as league members are concerned, there is the possibility we could play the finals on the 25th of November or even the first week in December. Not unheard of as we’ve done that in years past, but it does get cold. If Mother Nature is not kind to us, the potential for Saturday games will increase.

Please make your teammates aware of the possible issues this fall season may present. If this is something the team does not want to deal with, please pull the plug now and sit out the season. The last thing I need is a bunch of disgruntled league members crying to me how unfair everything is and how they pay a lot of money to play in this league… yada, yada, yada. If the team knows in advance about the potential issues the fall season may bring, there shouldn’t be any issue.

It’s been an extraordinarily wet year with an unprecedented number of game postponements. I am more than willing to put forth the effort and absorb the additional costs for us to play a full 8-game season, but I will definitely need cooperation from league members. Again, if this is something the team prefers not to deal with, please take the season off. I will completely understand.

No need to reply to this email unless you and your teammates make the decision to sit out the fall season.

Thanks,
Les

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:15 pm

CB School District has closed all athletic fields for this weekend. The games slated for the Doyle Elementary School ball field have been postponed.

I want to thank those of you that were very accommodating in helping me get a jump on the start the fall season. I guess It just wasn’t meant to be. We will start the fall season on the 23rd.

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:00 am

The Sunday Men’s fall schedule is now posted online.

Teams 5, 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 27, and 31 are playing in the 2/3 finals at 4 different fields. That leaves us 3 fields with which to start the fall season. 3 fields equates to 12 time slots. Teams 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, and 32 will play this weekend. Team 13 will have a bye this week.

Four teams pulled out because of the potential for traveling double headers and triple headers - Misfits, Isotopes, North Whalers, and Big Bats. As a direct result of their pulling out, we now have the luxury of running the regular season in 5 weeks – 8 games in 5 weeks. No traveling double headers and no triple headers.

I did the best I could to be fair to all and accommodate as many as I could, but the short schedule and multiple, connecting double headers made it extremely difficult. I hope you understand.

Without fall season rainouts, the 2/3 finals will be played on November 11th. Not too shabby.

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm

Slight change to correct a double header conflict. On September 30th, the 2 B North games will move from Lukens 1 to Doyle. The 2 B South games will move from Doyle to Lukens 1.

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:09 pm

B East/West Managers,

Of all things, CB School District is spraying the Doyle field with chemicals and has closed the field for this Sunday. If it’s not rain, it’s some other BS. What a year!

I’ve acquired the use of the Unami upper ball field so we will move all Doyle games to Unami for this coming Sunday. If Groveland gets worked on this week, which it is supposed to, we will play there instead. I won’t know for sure until Thursday. If there is a change, I will be in contact with you. If no change, we will play Unami.

I am truly sorry for all the inconveniences this year, but ball fields are hard to get and becoming even harder to hold on to so we have no choice at this point but to acquiesce. Next year I will put more pressure on Horsham Township to do a better job of maintaining their fields. Horsham ball fields were NEVER like this. I truly believe the sudden drop-off in field quality was a direct result of the sudden departure of the Director of Parks and Recreation. The new guy will have to step it up next year.

The revised schedule now reflects the change from Doyle to Unami.

Les

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:13 pm

B East/West Managers,

This Sunday’s game which were originally scheduled for Doyle then moved to Unami have moved once again. We will be playing them at the Groveland ball field behind the Groveland Elementary School.

Les

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 am

When teams in the B East and West dropped out at the last minute, bringing the team total to 6, the number of teams making the playoffs should have dropped along with it (from 6 to 5). Not every team makes the playoffs. The post season schedule has been amended to reflect the appropriate number of playoff eligible teams.

Return to “Softball America”