Proposed Housing Development at Quarry

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
Raypan
Rookie Poster

Proposed Housing Development at Quarry

Post by Raypan »

Les -
Did you see this?
Warrington supervisors will hold a public hearing at the Jan. 22 meeting regarding the conditional use application for a proposed development at Street and Lower State roads. The plan is to construct 90 carriage homes and 33 single family units on four parcels owned by Eureka Stone Quarry, totaling 108.37 acres.

The township recently combined township, county and state money to purchase three parcels totaling 66 acres from Eureka. The land, located diagonally from the proposed development, will be preserved as open space.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Proposed Housing Development at Quarry

Post by sixofdiamonds »

My understanding is the Eureka Quarry has maintained ownership of the 4 acres where the ball field sits although straight answers are next to impossible to come by in the world of politics. Whether the Quarry ball field remains ours to use is something we won't know for sure until the ink on the lease dries.
blouderback
Major League Poster

Post by blouderback »

Where did you see the notice for this meeting? I can't seem to find anything on the internets.
Raypan
Rookie Poster

Post by Raypan »

Locals are posting it on Facebook.
Mrs Scorekeeper
Major League Poster

Post by Mrs Scorekeeper »

It was in the Intelligencer on Monday.
blouderback
Major League Poster

Post by blouderback »

From a friend who attended the meeting last night:

"The softball field remains! But it will be surrounded by 90 carriage homes and 30 single family homes. Adding an additional 300 or so people with virtually zero impact to services, water, traffic.... you get the idea!
Btw: the are planning to sell the singles for $725,000.00+ and the attached (townhomes) in the $600,000.00s!"

My guess is, we'll start getting complaints about the lights and such soon after the houses are occupied.
Mrs Scorekeeper
Major League Poster

Post by Mrs Scorekeeper »

By the time the homes are occupied I could be retired in Florida. I'm sure the new owners of these homes will know and should know about the ball field being in their back yard. It may bring more league members into SBA also