Labor Day 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2020

General Discussion of Softball Tournaments
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Labor Day 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2020

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Player registration now open and underway. Click here to register...
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/sbareg ... pitch.html

Date: Sunday, September 6, 2020
Rain Date: A rain date shall not be scheduled. If the tourney cannot be played on September 6th, it will not be played.

1st Game: 9:00 am (all games to be played at the Eureka Quarry Field)

Please note: This tournament is a metal bat affair. All players will be required to use a bat in accordance with and as set forth by Softball America’s regular season bat restriction policy.

Please DO NOT register for this tournament unless you are reasonably certain you will be able to attend. If, after registering for the tourney, you find you cannot attend, please be considerate enough to manager tandems and those on the alternate list to notify the league office as soon as humanly possible.

Cost: $15.00/player (2 games guaranteed)

This is a 1-day coed softball event. Eight teams will be formed entirely through a draft system based on individual player statistics. The 8 teams will then compete for the 1-pitch title. Each batter receives 1 pitch. If the pitch is fouled off, swung at and missed, or hits the mat behind home plate, the batter is struck out. If the pitch is a ball, the batter walks. The rest of the game is played in normal fashion. Winning teams will receive their choice of custom jackets or sweatshirts. Plaques and trophies will be awarded to the winning managers and tournament MVP's.

This is a great day of softball, fun, food and drink-- kind of like one big picnic where a softball game breaks out every 50 minutes. It's also a great way to meet other Softball America league members. Bring chairs, tents, coolers, and whatever else to make yourself comfortable. Make a day of it or come and go as you please.

Members will be listed in the body of the draft on a first come, first served basis. Entrants must be, or have been, a registered member of Softball America at some point in the past 23 years. Outsiders to the league are not eligible to participate.*

*Due to the lack of female league member participation over the last few tournaments, female outsiders will now be permitted to enter the tournament.

Along with 8 manager tandems (16 players), an additional 88 players can register to be drafted. Total players 104. The minimum number of eddies - 32 (24 female, 8 male)

Tournament play will follow ASA and SBA league rules with the following exceptions...

1. Core/eddie walk rule will not be observed.
2. 2nd foul ball will not be observed.
3. A 3-3-2 eddie rule will apply for this tournament - 3 eddies must be in the line-up, 3 eddies must play the field, 2 of the eddies in the line-up and field must be female.
4. All roster players must be in the batting line-up.
5. Batting line-ups must consist of alternating male or female eddies beginning with the first or second batter.

Please know it is entirely possible you could be drafted to a tandem or end up on a team with people you don't like. If that is something you won't be able to deal with, please don't sign up. And please don't be one of those people that signs up, gets on a team you don't like then makes an excuse to bail out. Remember, this is softball. It's all about having fun and nothing more.

Player registration now open and underway. Click here to register...
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/sbareg ... pitch.html
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Labor Day 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2020

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Draft Candidate List

To download a copy of the draft candidate stat sheet, click the link below. The draft will be held Sunday, August 30th 8:00 pm at the Quarry ball field.
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/onepit ... fa2020.pdf

To download a copy of the draft candidate stat sheet, click the link below. The draft will be held Sunday, August 30th 8:00 pm at the Quarry ball field.
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/onepit ... fa2020.pdf
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

John Schofield can no longer attend the tournament. John Erb has moved from the alternate list to the body of the draft.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Phil Gallone can no longer attend the tournament. Steve Dariano has moved from the alternate list to the body of the draft.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Kevin Roche can no longer attend the tournament. Jarrett Kerns is no longer available off the alternate list. Ryan Goodman has moved from the alternate list to the body of the draft.
shaners30
Major League Poster

Post by shaners30 »

I request a trade. Won't play on team who drafted me.
If not. Find me on sideline under a tent with a smile.
blouderback
Major League Poster

Post by blouderback »

shaners30 wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:56 pm I request a trade. Won't play on team who drafted me.
If not. Find me on sideline under a tent with a smile.
Is this a joke or are you serious?
shaners30
Major League Poster

Post by shaners30 »

Serious Bob. You think I'd waste my Sunday night to post a joke?
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

All I can say is there's a first for everything. I've put together 35 draft tournaments and have never had a player demand a trade, let alone do so publicly.

On each and every tournament registration form is stated the following...

VERY IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT register for this tournament unless you are reasonably certain you will be able to attend. Also, the possibility does exist that you may be drafted on a team by a manager or managers you do not care for or want to play for. Please look over the list of managers BEFORE you commit to the tournament.

BEFORE you press the SUBMIT button, please ask yourself if you are ready, willing, and able to not only show up for the tournament, but be there for your team throughout the entire tournament. If not, please DO NOT SUBMIT this form. Players that make the commitment to play and fail to show, or leave the tournament early, will be unceremoniously banned from playing in any and all future Softball America tournaments.

As league and tournament director, I have a responsibility to act on any player that fails to abide by league and/or tournament protocol.

I will reach out to Team 2 in conjunction with the other 7 manager tandems in hopes of coming up with a collective agreement for a player replacement. If a collective agreement cannot be reached, the tournament will NOT be played.
Mikee2020
Rookie Poster

Post by Mikee2020 »

Tell him no and to hit the road.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

All good. Air has been cleared. Shane will be playing on Team 2. A big thank you to Hack and Shaners for working it out like gentlemen.
blouderback
Major League Poster

Post by blouderback »

YAY!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Action photos from the Labor Day 1-Pitch are now available. They are definitely not Rich Edmundson-esque. but there are quite a few good shots. I apologize if we didn't get a shot of you. We just didn't have enough help to get everyone. You can access the photos on the main SBA website page by clicking Photo Gallery or you can click the link below...

https://www.cuttingedgesports.net/photogallery/