Weekly Game Articles

Moderator: KEPKEPMF

latincontrol
Triple A Poster

Week 4 - B East - May 16th

Post by latincontrol »

From Luken’s Park

Game One: Bottom Pitches v. Mike’s Bar & Grill

Bottom Pitches could not find a pitch to hit apparently as they managed just 2 runs on 5 hits. Tom Watking singled and scored in the first inning and Rob Shodel singled and scored on Ken Bellard’s double in the 4th.
Mike’s however got to work offensively. Four quick runs in the first inning was followed by another in the 2nd and then a 7-run 3rd. Tom Koelzer had the 2-run triple and Matt Asterito had a 3-run blast. Mike’s went on to score 5 more times and dominated the game 17-2.

Game Two: Gwynedd Manufacturing I v. Gwynedd Manufacturing II

Gwyn II took a beating at the hands of Gwyn I. Gwyn II managed 5 runs with Zane Swanger tripled home a run in the 6th. But that was all.
Gwyn I top half of the line up was simply unstoppable. Josh Graef had three hits while driving in 5 runs. Jess Ramney had a perfect afternoon going 4-4 with a walk, 4 singles, 2 runs scored and 2 rbi. A total spanking in this one with a 23-5 final.

Game Three: Gwynedd Manufacturing II v. Vikings

Gwyn II did all they could to survive as they not only played short handed but took two batting outs in the process. Maura Gilseman, Zake Swanger, Dominique Volpe and Jack Wagner all scored in the 4th inning. Unfortunately, that would be it.
Vikings only really needed the 1st inning. John Walsh highlighted the 8-run first with a 3-run homer. He would later add another 3-run blast finishing with 7 rbi on the afternoon. Vikings remained undefeated with a 19-4 victory.

From Cedar Hill:

Game One: Slap-A-Pitch v. Keller Williams

Keller Williams got a nice game from Nick Jpisak as he went 3-4 which included a triple and 3 runs scored. Joe Belro drove in 4 on 2 hits which also included a triple in the first.
SAP crew’s Matt Milkowich had 3 hits while driving in 3 and scoring 3 more times. Harrison Miller drove in 5 while scoring twice. Harrison with the 5th inning 3-run homer. SAP took care of business easily with aa 15-9 victory.