Hatfield Township Warning

General League Announcements and Discussion
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Hatfield Township Warning

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Below is an email from Hatfield Township Police Officer Anthony Baker. This is getting serious. I had a long conversation with Officer Baker and let him know in no uncertain terms I am on his side and will do everything in my power to see to it league members conform. Umpires have been instructed to issue an immediate ejection from the game and grounds if anyone is caught drinking alcohol of any kind at School Road Park. Along with the ejection comes an irreversible 2-game suspension. A 2nd infraction will result in a league-wide ban. Moving forward, Officer Baker will not hesitate to issue citations. Forewarned is forearmed.

Good afternoon,

On 6/23/2021, I picked up a half full can of Troeg’s beer left in the parking lot of School Road Park. A trash can near the fields was also filled with empty beer cans as well. The follow night I picked up another half can of Miller lite left in the parking lot. Apparently, this was a prior issue when I reached out to the parks and recreations division about this. Since Softball America has already been warned, let me reiterate that the permit will be pulled if this continues. Alcohol is prohibited in all of the Hatfield Township Park systems. Below is the municipal ordinance that outlines alcohol is prohibited.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Officer Baker

Officer Anthony Baker #60
Hatfield Township Police Department
2000 School Road
Hatfield PA 19440
215-855-0903 ext. 260
215-855-2589 (fax)
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Hatfield Township Warning

Post by sixofdiamonds »

If we lose our permit to play at Hatfield, it will be through nobody's fault but our own.
blouderback
Major League Poster

Post by blouderback »

I'm scorekeeper on Thursday evenings. I'm going to start taking pictures of trash cans, dugouts, and bleachers before and after our 3 games every week. Perhaps other scorekeepers or umpires can do the same on other days.
skedz#2

Post by skedz#2 »

Les are we sure that its Softball America doing this and not the group of men who play soccer or is there any other leagues that play there, through out the week
Djkallday
Rookie Poster

Post by Djkallday »

It would be incredibly disappointing to lose our permit to play there. I'll be keeping my eyes out for any cans/trash/etc and letting the team know to do the same.

This is why we can't have nice things!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

skedz#2 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:59 am Les are we sure that its Softball America doing this and not the group of men who play soccer or is there any other leagues that play there, through out the week
An over-60 league plays there in the morning/afternoon most weekdays. The trash receptacle in question was next to the ball field dugout so it's doubtful the soccer people left anything there. Are we sure it was us? No, we are not sure. Do I think it was the over-60 league? Possible, but highly unlikely.

Upon arrival last night, a beer can was discovered in the trash container. The scorekeeper took a picture of it and sent it to me. People probably come by, have lunch and a beer or 2 while watching senior softball, then leave their beer cans in the trash or worse, in the parking lot. We get that a lot at the Quarry. Workers break for lunch and leave beer cans in the trash or worse, on the bleacher seats.

I’m not saying we aren’t or weren’t guilty. We very well may have been, but it sure could have been workers breaking for lunch and leaving beer cans, or kids out of school for summer recess partying in the area leaving their stuff behind. It's anybody's guess. Regardless, we have a bullseye on our backs so we need to be vigilant moving forward.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Djkallday wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:16 pm It would be incredibly disappointing to lose our permit to play there. I'll be keeping my eyes out for any cans/trash/etc and letting the team know to do the same.

This is why we can't have nice things!
Thank you, Davis. If every manager would do the same, we'll beat this.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Hatfield Update

Recent email exchange between HPD and SBA. Let's remain vigilant.

DZ99
Rookie Poster

Post by DZ99 »

On two Tuesday evenings, I went for a walk at Hatfield’s School Road park, and on both nights there was a coed softball game in progress.