Memorial Day 2022 1-Pitch Tournament / Results

General Discussion of Softball Tournaments
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Memorial Day 2022 1-Pitch Tournament / Results

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Team 3 (Jason Pane/Chelsea Detwiler) took the 1-pitch tourney title in exciting fashion right to the end. It was anything but easy as they had to survive a 7th inning, bases loaded, 2-out threat from Team 6 (Zach Martin/Katie O'Toole) who were very game throughout. Congrats to Team 3!

The day went smoothly and the weather was spectacular. I can't remember a tournament where almost 100% of the participants had a good time. Some credit Abraham Lincoln. Others credit PT Barnum, but one of them once said, "You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time". Truer words were never spoken, but we came awfully close to pleasing everyone yesterday.

These tournaments do not happen without the coordinated efforts of a lot of people. Curt Hensman and Bill Brancato were instrumental in helping get the ball field ready. If not for Fern Feinberg, Katie Cherba, and Stephanie Thrasher, say goodbye to tournament stats. A big thank-you goes out to the tournament umpires Curt Hensman, Andrew Ruhf, and Buddy Schwarz. They did a fantastic job. Were they perfect on every bang-bang, tough call? Probably not, but nobody is perfect. As Curt (SBA's Umpire in Chief) says to the players all the time, "When you stop making errors on the field, I'll stop making errors behind the plate". Nobody is perfect and nobody ever will be. Wait a second. That's not entirely true. Cemeteries are filled with people who no longer make mistakes.

From a personal standpoint, I want to thank all the people that went out of their way to tell me how much they appreciated the tourney and how much fun they had. That does my heart good. I, in turn, will say I appreciated all the good sportsmanship along with the concerted effort to clean the ball field grounds at the end of the day.