All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament 2022

General Discussion of Softball Tournaments
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament 2022

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Player registration now open and underway. Click here to register...
https://cuttingedgesports.net/sbaregist ... eddie.html

Managing Tandems

Jamie Richards (fe) / Dan Vescovi (me)
Mike Van Fossen (me) / Anna Van Fossen (fe)
Ron Pulli (me) / Kris Pulli (fe)
Katie Cherba (fe) / Buddy Schwarz (me)
Larry Kirschner (me) / Amy Walter (fe)
Bill Stone (me) / Monique Dirks (fe)

Date: Saturday, July 9, 2022
Rain Date: A rain date shall not be scheduled. If the tourney cannot be played on July 9th, it will not be played.

1st Game: 9:00 am (all games to be played at the Eureka Quarry Field)

Please note: This tournament is a metal bat affair. Male and female eddies may use any bat as set forth by Softball America’s regular season bat restriction policy. SBA league bat list is located here...
https://www.cuttingedgesports.net/misc/batlist.pdf

Please DO NOT register for this tournament unless you are reasonably certain you will be able to attend. If, after registering for the tourney, you find you cannot attend, please be considerate enough to manager tandems and those on the alternate list to notify the league office as soon as humanly possible.

Cost: $15.00/player (2 games guaranteed)

This is a 1-day all-eddie softball event. Six teams will be formed entirely through a draft system based on individual player statistics. The 6 teams will then compete for the 1-pitch title. Each batter receives 1 pitch. If the pitch is fouled off, swung at and missed, or hits the mat behind home plate, the batter is struck out. If the pitch is a ball, the batter walks. The rest of the game is played in normal fashion. Winning teams will receive custom hoodies. Plaques and/or trophies will be awarded to the winning managers and tournament MVP's.

This is a great day of softball, fun, food and drink-- kind of like one big picnic where a softball game breaks out every 50 minutes. It's also a great way to meet other Softball America league members. Bring chairs, tents, coolers, and whatever else to make yourself comfortable. Make a day of it or come and go as you please.

Along with 6 manager tandems, an additional 66 players can register to be drafted for a total of 78. Players will be listed in the body of the draft on a first come, first served basis. The breakdown will be no less than 42 draftable female eddies (7 per team) and 24 draftable male eddies (4 per team). Players beyond those numbers will be listed as alternates. Before the draft takes place, alternates will enter the body of the draft in the order with which they signed up. Males will replace males. Females will replace females. Any player defection post-draft will enter the tournament via a lottery.

*Female eddie non-league members WILL be permitted to enter the tournament.

Tournament play will follow ASA and SBA league rules in addition to the following:

1. All females will be drafted in Rounds 1 through 7. Male eddies will get drafted in Rounds 8-11. (This requirement may change)
2. When a female is at bat, the umpire will put in play an 11" girls softball. When a male eddie is at bat, the umpire will put in play the standard 12" ball.
3. Core/eddie walk rule WILL be observed. If a male eddie is walked with a female eddie behind him, the male eddie player will be placed on 2B (credited with a base on balls) and the female eddie will bat. Unlike our league rule which needs 2 outs in the 5th, 6th, or 7th inning for the rule to kick in, this rule is in effect through the entire game.
4. A 2nd foul ball courtesy for eddies will NOT be observed.
5. No less than 6 females must be in the field at all times.
6. All 13 players on the team must be in the batting line-up at all times with the exception of injury.
7. Line-ups must alternate girl/guy or guy/girl for as long as the line-up will allow.

Please know it is entirely possible you could be drafted to a tandem or end up on a team with people you don't like. If that is something you won't be able to deal with, please don't sign up. And please don't be one of those people that signs up, gets on a team you don't like then makes an excuse to bail out. Remember, this is softball. It's all about having fun and nothing more.

Player registration now open and underway. Click here to register...
https://cuttingedgesports.net/sbaregist ... eddie.html

The player draft will be held at the Quarry snack stand on a date to be determined.

Round by round draft order is as follows...

Team match-ups and start times are as follows...

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament 2022

Post by sixofdiamonds »

All-Eddie 1-Pitch Managers

Jamie Richards (fe) / Dan Vescovi (me)
Mike Van Fossen (me) / Anna Van Fossen (fe)
Ron Pulli (me) / Kris Pulli (fe)
Katie Cherba (fe) / Buddy Schwarz (me)
Larry Kirschner (me) / Amy Walter (fe)
Bill Stone (me) / Monique Dirks (fe)

We now have our 6 manager tandems who will build their teams through the draft process. I will be opening 1-pitch draft candidate registration shortly. My hope is we will be able to fill this tourney and make it a staple each year. It will all depend on the girls. Compared to an all-girls tourney, which we had to scrap due to lack of participation, this is the next best thing. So, c'mon girls (and older gents). Step up to the proverbial plate and sign up. This should be a great day.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

We still need another managing tandem of 1 male and 1 female eddie. We are running out of time. These tournaments don't put themselves together. Unlike the Memorial and Labor Day tourneys, it's gonna take quite a bit of time to get the necessary number of draft candidates to sign up.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

We now have our 6 manager tandems who will build their teams through the draft process. I will be opening 1-pitch draft candidate registration shortly. My hope is we will be able to fill this tourney and make it a staple each year. It will all depend on the girls. Compared to an all-girls tourney, which we had to scrap due to lack of participation, this is the next best thing. So, c'mon girls. Step up to the proverbial plate and sign up. This should be a great day.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

1-Pitch Tournament
One pitch is all you get. If it's a called a ball you go to first base, a called strike or foul ball you grab some bench. Fast paced games. Helluva lot of fun.

1. For girls over 15 and guys over 51
2. July 9, 2022 at Eureka Quarry ball field in Warrington
3. $15 - 2 games guaranteed
4. Girls use 11” ball, guys 12”
5. Read more here: viewtopic.php?p=5722#p5722
6. Register here: https://cuttingedgesports.net/sbaregist ... eddie.html
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

It wasn't for a lack of trying, but the All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament slated for July 9th will not happen. As I had feared, the necessary female participation just wasn't there. It's sad because I truly believe this tournament would have been enjoyed by all. Oh well, just not meant to be.