Softball HR Derby / IronPigs

Topics Related To Other Forms Of Recreation and Things to Do
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Softball HR Derby / IronPigs

Post by sixofdiamonds »

I'm not sure if anyone is interested so I will throw it out there. A paid group of 20 can enter one individual into a Softball HR Derby at Coca-Cola Park. Read the details below. If you are interested, I will put you in touch with Ryan.
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 3:28 PM
To:
Subject: IronPigs Men's Softball League Home Run Derby!

Les,

Hope you are doing well.

I’ve played in Softball America for many years, haven’t played since 2019 but getting the itch to come back again as my wife (Stephanie Hines) is back playing again now too!

Wanted to reach out to you as I’m the Director of Group Sales here with the IronPigs, and we came up with a new theme night here for a game: Men’s Softball League Home Run Derby!

On Thursday, August 25th, we will have a Home Run Derby on-field and teams sign-up and buy group tickets for the game and each team would get 1 player to participate in in the competition to crown a champion. We got approval to hold this Derby from Home Plate!

We’re reaching out to local league’s and I wanted to reach out to you to gauge interest in Softball America’s interest with all their teams! I’d love to have SBA represent and take home the trophy!

Thanks, and let me know if you have any questions.

-Ryan

```````````````````````````````````````````

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 4:41 PM
To: Ryan Hines
Subject: RE: IronPigs Men's Softball League Home Run Derby!

Hi Ryan,

All is well. Thanks for asking.

I have a few questions. How many game tickets would a team be required to purchase in order to get a contestant into the HR Derby? How much does each game ticket cost? Does the HR Derby winner win anything?

Les

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

Les,

Thanks for getting back to me. Each team would just have to get to 20 tickets, that’s our typical group minimum. Group tickets are just $11 and each ticket comes with $2 ballpark credit loaded that can be used on food/beverage/merchandise throughout the ballpark.

Our thought also would to allow kids to shag balls in the outfield during the derby.

Derby winner would win a trophy!

Ryan
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Softball HR Derby / IronPigs

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Just thought it through. Thursday Men's finals are slated for 8/25. Even if there was interest, I can't see how we could make it happen.