Labor Day 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2022

General Discussion of Softball Tournaments
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Labor Day 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2022

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Player registration now open and underway. Please read below BEFORE you register.

Click here to register...
http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/sbareg ... pitch.html

Date: Sunday, September 4, 2022
Rain Date: A rain date shall not be scheduled. If the tourney cannot be played on September 4th, it will not be played.

1st Game: 9:00 am (all games to be played at the Eureka Quarry Field)

Please note: This tournament is a wood bat affair. All core and all-star players will be required to use a wood softball bat - a single material wood softball bat without bamboo fillers or multi-piece construction. All male and female eddies may use any bat as set forth by Softball America’s regular season bat restriction policy.

Please DO NOT register for this tournament unless you are reasonably certain you will be able to attend. If, after registering for the tourney, you find you cannot attend, please be considerate enough to manager tandems and those on the alternate list to notify the league office as soon as humanly possible.

Cost: $15.00/player (2 games guaranteed)

This is a 1-day coed softball event. Eight teams will be formed entirely through a draft system based on individual player statistics. The 8 teams will then compete for the 1-pitch title. Each batter receives 1 pitch. If the pitch is fouled off, swung at and missed, or hits the mat behind home plate, the batter is struck out. If the pitch is a ball, the batter walks. The rest of the game is played in normal fashion. Winning teams will receive their choice of custom jackets or sweatshirts. Plaques and/or trophies will be awarded to the winning managers and tournament MVP's.

This is a great day of softball, fun, food and drink-- kind of like one big picnic where a softball game breaks out every 50 minutes. It's also a great way to meet other Softball America league members. Bring chairs, tents, coolers, and whatever else to make yourself comfortable. Make a day of it or come and go as you please.

Members will be listed in the body of the draft on a first come, first served basis. Entrants must be, or have been, a registered member of Softball America at some point in the past 25 years.*

*Due to the lack of female league member participation over the last few tournaments, female outsiders will now be permitted to enter the tournament.

Along with 8 manager tandems (16 players), an additional 88 players can register to be drafted. Total players 104. The minimum number of eddies - 32 (24 female, 8 male)

Tournament play will follow ASA and SBA league rules with the following exceptions...

1. Core/eddie walk rule WILL be observed. If a male player is walked with a female eddie behind him, the male player will be placed on 2B and the female eddie will bat. Unlike our league rule which needs 2 outs in the 5th, 6th, or 7th inning for the rule to kick in, this rule is in effect through the entire game.
2. 2nd foul ball will not be observed.
3. A 3-3-2 eddie rule will apply for this tournament - 3 eddies must be in the line-up, 3 eddies must play the field, 2 of the eddies in the line-up and field must be female.
4. All roster players must be in the batting line-up.
5. Batting line-ups must consist of alternating female eddies beginning with the first four batters. Male eddies will not be factored into the alternating eddie requirement.

Please know it is entirely possible you could be drafted to a tandem or end up on a team with people you don't like. If that is something you won't be able to deal with, please don't sign up. And please don't be one of those people that signs up, gets on a team you don't like then makes an excuse to bail out. Remember, this is softball. It's all about having fun and nothing more.

Player registration now open and underway. Click here to register...

The player draft will be held Sunday, August 28th, 6:30 pm at the Quarry snack stand. Should inclement weather postpone the draft, we will run it on Monday, August 29th, 6 pm at the Quarry.

Round by round draft order is as follows...

Team match-ups and start times are as follows...

Gr8fulstead
Rookie Poster

Re: Labor Day 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2022

Post by Gr8fulstead »

Stead is not a pitcher.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

I was surprised to see Pitcher listed on your 1-pitch registration form. I thought you might be expanding your softball horizons. Apparently not. I will make the correction.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Ryan Goodman will no longer be able to attend the tournament. David Barth will take Ryan's place in the body of the draft.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Alternates for the 1-pitch are needed. With only 1 on the list, we are in jeopardy of falling short of having 8 full teams. We go through quite a few alternates each tournament. At least the first 5 alternates have a good chance of making it in. If you are interested, please register here...
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Male eddie Mark Bernacki can no longer attend the tournament. Male eddie John Schofield will replace Mark in the body of the draft.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Teams 5 and 8 have traded team numbers. The John Erb/Erin Rening tandem will become Team 5 and the Bryan Peterman/Brittany Ullman (fe) tandem will become Team 8.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Kevin Finn can no longer attend the tournament. Chris Hoisington will replace Kevin in the body of the draft.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Kevin Goetz can no longer attend the tournament. Alternate Brian Chester (me) will replace Kevin in the body of the draft.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Kevin Youse was inadvertently removed from the alternate list. He has since been placed back where he belongs at the top of the alternate list. My apology to Kevin Youse.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Jason Ashworth can no longer attend the tournament. Alternate Kevin Youse will replace Jason in the body of the draft.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Unfortunately, I may not be able to attend much of the tournament on Sunday as my wife Joanne has been battling a medical issue the past 2 weeks and she may need me to stay close by.

With Fern out of town, we don't have enough scorekeepers for the tourney. Katie Cherba has stepped up and offered to keep the book, but she is managing a team and can only do so much. If you want to help, please reach out to Katie and let her know you'd be available. It's not the end of the world if we can't keep the book for every game, but that would make accurate stats an impossibility. Scorekeepers will get paid.

With Curt Hensman out of town, I don't really have anyone to make sure the ball field grounds are clean post-tournament. The ball field owners don't take kindly to trash on their property so all I can do at this point is ask everyone to please pick up after yourselves. Self-police so to speak. I can't impress enough how important it is that the grounds not resemble a landfill on Monday. There will be a large, unlocked, empty container on the grounds for the trash. Kindly bag it up and drop it in there.

Thanks and have a great day!

Les