Spring Season Scheduling 2024

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Spring Season Scheduling 2024

Post by sixofdiamonds »

As you may or may not know, the School Road Ball field in Hatfield is always the last field to open. Last year I was told we would not be able to use the field until May. Luckily, we opened on April 17th. The late start on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays puts us behind the scheduling 8-ball year after year.

I was told again this year that the field may not open until May. Fortunately, I was able to acquire the Stover ball field in Telford to replace the School Road ball field for the last week in March and the first week in April for Mondays, Wednesday, and Thursdays. The Stover ball field is located only 4 short miles northwest of the School Road Park ball field. It's an easy ride and should not be much of an inconvenience for league members. Both fields are very similar in look and dimension.

This will allow us to to start the season on time and eliminate the early season byes for a large portion of the league. All in all it's a win/win situation. The schedule won't get bogged down and league members who have been waiting all winter to get out and play will be able to do so sooner rather than later. The regular Hatfield scorekeeper and umpire will move to Telford for those weeks. Groundskeeper John Aiken will prep the field for those nights at Stover.

While I realize making everyone happy all of the time is an impossibility, I try nonetheless. My guess is some will balk at this move and that's ok. Should you or your team not be able to handle what I truly consider a minor inconvenience, you have the option of not playing be it individually or as a team. Any and all league fees remitted will be refunded without any hard feelings on my part.

League schedules will not be posted until leagues have been finalized. Typically, each league schedule is posted 1 week prior to Opening Day. If I can post it sooner than that, I certainly will.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Re: Spring Season Scheduling 2024

Post by wdshipe »

Thanks for identifying and implementing the Stover Field solution for the spring season! Over the course of the year, the Monday Coed league in particular can really use the 2 weeks saved since we don't schedule games on Memorial Day or Labor Day.