Memorial Day 1-Pitch 2018 / Manager Tandems

General Discussion of Softball Tournaments
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Memorial Day 1-Pitch 2018 / Manager Tandems

Post by sixofdiamonds »

League members interested in drafting and managing a 1-pitch team for the upcoming Memorial Day 1-Pitch Tournament (May 27th, metal bat) should contact the league office ASAP. Manager tandems must consist of a male and a female and will be accepted into the tournament on a first come, first served basis. The field will be limited to 8 teams. 2 managing tandems will receive auto-invites from the 2017 Labor Day 1-Pitch. Jamie Richards and Chris Hackney are welcome to return based on their 1st place finish in last year's Labor Day outing. Fall 2017 runners up Bob Garges and Katie Shallcross will also receive an auto-invite. If you would like to throw your hat into the proverbial 1-pitch ring, now would be a good time to do so.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Memorial Day 1-Pitch 2018 / Manager Tandems

Post by sixofdiamonds »

1-Pitch managers thus far...

Chris Hackney/Jamie Richards (fe)
John Kiefer/Lauren Wood (fe)
Brittany Ullman (fe)/Brian Penecale
Zach Martin/Joan Glass (fe)
John Erb/Lindsey Tuscano (fe)
Kelly Neill (fe)/Warren Grant (me)
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

1-pitch tournament registration will not open until we have 8 manager tandems. Without 8 tandems there will be no tournament. Time is running out. If you are considering drafting and managing a 1-pitch team, now would be a good time to let me know.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Wow, have things changed. We used to have a lottery to see which manager tandems got in for the 1-pitch tournament. Now, it's easier pulling teeth. My gut tells me it will be a chore filling the draft candidate list. So... we have 6 manager tandems. We will go with 6 teams. We can start later and finish earlier. Hey, what is, is. I will open draft registration later today or tomorrow morning.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The lack of managerial interest has created some changes in how this and future tournaments will work. We will run this tourney with 6 teams and start at 9:00 am Memorial Day Sunday, not the traditional 8:00 am. This year's spring tourney rosters will contain a higher eddie/core relationship than in tournaments past (I will explain why in the next paragraph). There are a total of 78 roster spots available (6 x 13). We have 6 manager tandems consisting of 7 eddies and 5 core players. With a minimum of 5 eddies per team, that leaves 23 additional eddie openings and 43 additional core openings. I suspect we will not have a problem filling the draft candidate list with only 66 draft spots available. The number of females that register will dictate the eddie/core requirements. If we get 18 girls, we will go with the the traditional 4-4-3. Any less and the requirements will be adjusted.

I am making the Memorial Day tournament more coed oriented because I plan on replacing the Labor Day Coed tourney with a Labor Day Men's tourney. I haven't decided whether the Labor Day men's tourney will be an 'enter a full team' tournament, a round by round draft affair where teams are built from scratch, or a combination thereof.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Each of the 1-pitch manager tandems listed below has sent in a 3-digit number. Using the last 3 digits of the official attendance of tonight's Phillies/Giants game (Wednesday, May 9, 2018) and comparing that to each manager tandem's 3-digit number, team numbers, game start times, and first round match-ups will be determined. The tandem with the 3-digit number that is closest to the last 3 digits of the game's attendance (plus/minus) will be Team #1. Using each of the remaining manager tandem's 3-digit numbers, we will move in ascending order from the winning number to determine the balance of the team numbers. 000 will follow 999.

Chris Hackney/Jamie Richards (fe) - 240
John Kiefer/Lauren Wood (fe) - 343
Brittany Ullman (fe)/Brian Penecale - 344
Zach Martin/Jenn Sevitski (fe) - 215
John Erb/Lindsey Tuscano (fe) - 235
Kelly Neill (fe)/Warren Grant (me) - 188
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Game attendance: 18,448 Last 3 digits: 448
Closest to that number (plus/minus): Brittany Ullman (fe)/Brian Penecale - 344

Team #1 - Brittany Ullman (fe)/Brian Penecale - 344

Moving in ascending order, the rest of the team number assignments are as follows:

Team #2: Kelly Neill (fe)/Warren Grant (me) - 188
Team #3: Zach Martin/Jenn Sevitski (fe) - 215
Team #4: John Erb/Lindsey Tuscano (fe) - 235
Team #5: Chris Hackney/Jamie Richards (fe) - 240
Team #6: John Kiefer/Lauren Wood(fe) - 343