Wednesday Evening Coed / Spring 2018

General Discussion of Topics Related to Individual Leagues
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Wednesday Evening Coed / Spring 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The official Wednesday Evening Coed schedule for the Spring 2018 season is now posted. Access the schedule from the main Softball America webpage, call the game line (215-822-8777, option 5), or click here... Wednesday Evening Coed

As you will see, Hatfield Township will not permit us to start until April 16th. For opening Day on March 28th, the Quarry games will get played as scheduled. The games lost at Hatfield for Week 1 will be played at the Quarry in Week 2 (April 4th). For Week 3 (April 11th) the American Conference will play at the Quarry. In Week 4 (April 18th) all conferences will play at both fields.

American Conference
Team 1: Irish Car Bombs
Mgr. John Toto
Team 2: TGI Fridays Creek View Shopping Center, 385 Easton Rd, Warrington, PA 18976 (215) 918-1320 https://www.tgifridays.com
Mgr. Adam Lightkep
Team 3: PhillyJunk.com
Mgr. JJ Wunderlich
Team 4: Throwdown
Mgr. Alex Elmore

National Conference
Team 5: Titans
Mgr. Darren Shaw
Team 6: Wackers
Mgr. Connie Georgiadis
Team 7: Dragons
Mgr. Jeff Hess
Team 8: In Place Cabinetry Finishes 1-844-9inplace www.inplacefinishes.com
Mgr. Dave Buonomo

Patriot Conference
Team 9: Two Balls One Strike
Mgr. Katie Hackman
Team 10: Casey's Saloon and Eatery 210 S. Main St. Hatfield, PA 19440 www.caseyssaloon.com
Mgr. Doug Spier
Team 11: Chico’s Bail Bonds
Mgr. Kevin Shinkunas
Team 12: Kekambas
Mgr. Francis McGlinn
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Evening Coed / Spring 2018

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Wednesday Coed Opening Day is still undetermined. I will know more in the next day or so.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The postponed games from April 18th have been rescheduled. In order to avoid triple or quadruple headers and/or a Saturday make-up, I had to move a few things around beginning on May 2nd. Games for tomorrow, April 25th, remain unaffected.

Ya know, the older I get the tougher it gets. I realize that's just the way it is. But, this year has been an incredible challenge to say the very least. I ask the Wednesday league to bear with me as we negotiate through a very trying Spring schedule. A revised schedule has been posted online.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

Here we go again.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

As much as I don't want games to go to a Saturday, there comes a time where we have no other option. The many postponements have creating a serious scheduling issue making a Saturday make-up a necessity. In accordance with schedule guidelines, the postponed games from April 25th have been reschedule for Saturday, May 12th (May 5th is unavailable to us). In an effort to give relief to Teams 6 and 7 who had double headers on April 25th, I moved the 6 vs. 7 game to May 30th so no team would have to play a Saturday double header. A revised Wednesday Coed schedule is not posted online.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The 2018 Wednesday Coed scheduling merry-go-round continues. Team #9, 2 Balls 1 Strike, has pulled out of the league at the last minute. It is said every dark cloud has a silver lining. So too does this dark cloud.

Instead of a bye this week, Team 6 will play Team 10 at Hatfield 9:30. In the scheduling revision I was able to eliminate the Saturday make-ups. Most of the postponed games from April 25th will now go to May 30th. As a result, Team 5 will have a traveling double header (7:00 Hatfield and 9:00 Quarry). The only Saturday make-up game left to reschedule is the 10 vs. 11 game of which I have no room for on May 30th. As a result, the 10 vs. 11 game will be played on Monday, June 4th at the Quarry 9:00 pm.

My guess is playing a traveling DH and/or a game on another weeknight beats the heck out of playing on a Saturday. A revised Wednesday Coed scheduled has been posted.
wdshipe
Triple A Poster

Post by wdshipe »

Glad that you're looking at the positive side of this, Les. I believe this is the 5th version of the schedule, so I imagine you're pretty tired of looking at it by now. The elimination of the Saturday game does benefit me, as mine happened to conflict with my one of my 5-year old's T-Ball games, where I have somehow gotten roped into being the team's head coach/manager (chief cat-herder).

I don't understand the team withdrawal at this stage though. We were scheduled to start play on March 28th (ambitiously, admittedly) and they would have been ready to go then, but now - 5 weeks later - they're not? I guess I don't know the whole story (and don't really need to), so maybe there's a good reason. But on the face of it, it boggles the mind.

Anyway, thank you!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

In accordance with scheduling guidelines, the postponed games from May 16th have been reschedule for Saturday, Jun 2nd. In an effort to give relief to Teams 6 and 7 who had a double header on May 16th and because the opportunity presented itself, I moved the 6 vs. 7 game to Monday, June 4th (10:15 pm). This way no team has to play a Saturday double header. A revised Wednesday Coed schedule is now posted online.