sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Memorial Day 1-Pitch 2022 Tournament / Teams

Post by sixofdiamonds »

sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Memorial Day 1-Pitch 2022 Tournament Teams

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Male eddie Mike Evans can no longer attend the tournament. With only 2 male eddies on the alternate list, I felt it fair to assign Tom Egitto as a replacement for Mike on Team 6.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

While we may have some wet weather coming in on Friday and Saturday, Sunday looks to be stellar. The forecast is for sun, light wind, good food and drink, excellent competition, and a lot of fun.

Ryan Goodman is picking up some Diamond Dry in the event we need it. Farmer Bob's magical Diamond Dust will be on hand. Curt Hensman and Bill Brancato will be at the Quarry on Saturday to prep the field. John Kiefer will pretty up the grass and surrounding areas. There will be 3 port-a-pots and an extra trash container available. Please make it your business to discard your trash properly. This is important. Do not defecate where you dine, to put the saying in nicer terms. The very last thing we need is for the Quarry owners to see a mess. That would not bode well for us.

It's so hard to make a prediction on who will win the tournament. The teams look so evenly matched from both an offensive and defensive standpoint. As is always the case and impossible to predict, the team that gels, the team with the best chemistry will go a long way. I've been doing this since the fall of 2001 and I have never gotten it right, but this time I've got it. After doing my due diligence, I've come to the conclusion Team 9 can't lose.

Remember, this is an exercise in having fun. The winners are not those that take home the title, but those that have the most fun.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Photographer extraordinaire, Rich Edmundson had plans to be at the tourney on Sunday. Unfortunately, his boss took away his day off and he now has to work. He is loaning me his camera. I am not 1/2 of what he is as a photographer, but I'll do the best I can.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Co-manager and female eddie Katie O'Toole cannot attend the tournament on doctor's orders. We've spent all morning trying to find a comparable replacement to no avail. All managers could not see eye to eye with a male eddie replacement for Katie so Team 6 will play the tournament with 12. Any team that faces Team 6 can also bat 12 if that is their choice.
Geno8121
Triple A Poster

Post by Geno8121 »

You have 3 female Eddie’s on the alternate list? What am I missing.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

You are missing the concept of comparable. If a drafted team loses their #2 pick, it would not be very fair if the team was given a 7th round pick as compensation. Even if a 3rd round pick was offered, the team takes a hit. There aren't many girls comparable to Katie. The name of a male eddie replacement was brought up. I thought it fair, but not all managers could agree. We probably could have looked for a different male eddie-- one that all could agree upon, but after so many hours of 'it's not fair' garbage, I had to pull the plug. Team 6 will play the tourney with 12.
Gr8fulstead
Rookie Poster

Post by Gr8fulstead »

You have three alternates who want to play softball. One of them gets lucky and has a chance to play. Sorry you are not good enough you can’t play. Sounds like a big bowl of screwed up to me. Man up give someone a chance to enjoy Sunday Funday. :roll:
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Easy for you to say, big man. You would whine like a 2-year old if one of your team's top picks had to be replaced with someone nowhere near that talent. You want to be magnanimous? Let's move Greta over to Team 6 and move one of the 3 alternates to your team (Team 2). Talk to Lauren and Rob. I can easily make it happen. C'mon, man up and give someone a chance to play.
Gr8fulstead
Rookie Poster

Post by Gr8fulstead »

No not something I’d whine about I am to laid back for that. I’d accept it and enjoy the day. Be thankful that the good lord still lets old head play the game
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Well, plead your case to Lauren and Rob and the rest of Team 2. Maybe they'd be laid back about it just like you profess you would be and we can give one of the 3 alternates a chance to enjoy Sunday Funday. C'mon, old head. Give it a shot. Let me know how you make out. :lol:
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Why not throw your hat into the eddie 1-pitch managerial ring? I can use a couple more manager tandems and would really welcome a laid back, old head manager like yourself that wouldn't mind if their #2 pick got replaced with a #7 pick. The rest of your team would probably take some issue with it, but that wouldn't bother you. What's the worst that can happen? A team mutiny? :lol:

Find a girl and become a 1-pitch manager. What do you say, Richard?
Gr8fulstead
Rookie Poster

Post by Gr8fulstead »

I would much rather do that then be in Disney. I am in Floridathat weekend.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

After all is said and done, Katie O'Toole will be available to co-manage and play on Team 6 tomorrow.