Memorial Day 1-Pitch / Spring 2023 / Good News, Bad News

General Discussion of Softball Tournaments
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Memorial Day 1-Pitch / Spring 2023 / Good News, Bad News

Post by sixofdiamonds »

League member Dave Demko, owner of Just Food, will be setting up a food station at the Memorial Day 1-Pitch Tourney much like he did a few tourneys ago. Dave will be offering fried egg sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, meatball subs, and macaroni/cheese. That's the good news. The bad news is Dave's girlfriend, Anne (33) was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. Anne needs surgery to remove the cancer followed by 6 weeks of recovery and 6 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy. Unfortunately, Anne and Dave's out of pocket medical expenses will come close to $10,000.00.

A league member in need. Maybe we can help. I would like to dedicate this tournament as a vehicle to raise some money and help them get through this. SBA will be donating $100.00. Maybe when you pay your tourney fee you could kick in a few extra dollars (keep it separate). Maybe when you purchase a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich you could kick in a few extra dollars. Maybe those that are good with rounding up gift baskets and 50/50s could help put something together.

While I never met Anne, Dave Demko has been a league member for many years and is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. Let's come together and help a league member out.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Re: Memorial Day 1-Pitch / Spring 2023 / Good News, Bad News

Post by sixofdiamonds »

I need someone to organize the raffles, gift baskets, and 50/50s and am hoping someone can help Dave and Anne set up a GoFundMe page for donations. I am in the process of trying to get things set up and will reach out to all when we have a person in charge and a vehicle for donations. This all happened so fast.

The following people have made a pledge in one form or another.

Les Greenstein: $100.00
Softball America: 2 free league fees raffle basket.

Frank Fusca: My mom being a 2x cancer survivor, we would like to make a donation to Dave & Anne. Please let me know who to make the check out too.

Jess McReynolds: If you are doing raffle baskets, the McReynolds will donate a basket! Please let me know! Unfortunately we are away that weekend, but I will bring it over ahead of time. I am forever grateful for everything the league, and everyone, did when my mom and dad were sick.

Victoria Williams (Team Envi): My business and dog rescue will make a basket too

Chris Beatty: I saw the post on the website about a guy in the league, who's wife has cancer (I do not know him or his wife) and I would love to donate to them. I am not playing in the 1 pitch tournament, so I am not sure how I can donate. Do you have a way that I can send some money over for it?

Casey Condron: After hearing the unfortunate news that Dave Demko received, I want to put together a raffle basket if that is an option for the one pitch tournament. I was thinking of a 200$ gift certificate to 44progloves.com . On that website you are able to fully customize a softball/baseball glove for around 190$ (cheaper if you wait for a holiday). You are also able to make custom batting gloves! If we are able to do raffle baskets for this tournament , please put this one down. I would love to help out.

Bill Brancato: I’ll donate a pair of Phillies tickets to raffle and beer wall.

Karol Ann Kinkelin: I can make a raffle basket for you. Let me know when to drop it off.

Chris Hackney: Got a jersey and pants set from Honcho Athletics, Papz is donating a 40 dollar gift certificate imma probably go grab movie tix to Penn Cinema make it a date night package. I'm working on something special now and the GoFund me be up when I'm done work. I have a few more as ideas come in and some my other softball companies get back to me. Thank you for letting me help Dave

Chris Hackney: Got 2 more sets of Phillies tix and a basket from Treedom sports, that's who Jackie Turulli reps for. It always amazes me how when someone in the community needs help everyone comes together. It's truly a wonderful thing to be a part of. Jamie and Katie gonna organize all that gets brought in.

Mike Cezanov: Got a 40 dollar gift certificate to palz for the raffles as well. I already let hack know Also both myself and my dads girlfriend are making baskets for donations as well.

Rhiannon Keppley and the Hagan's Heroes team: Hagans as a team, will be putting in a large item for a "raffle basket". I'm thinking a tv! I will know by the end of the day today if it will, indeed, be a tv. Either way, we will be putting something in! Confirmed...it WILL be a tv! Size not specified yet, but definitely not small lol. At LEAST a 70 inch.

Again, I need help in pulling this all together. If someone is willing to donate their time organizing and putting together the raffle baskets, etc., please reach out to me ASAP.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Chris Hackney, Katie Cherba (215-622-6376) and Mike Cebzanov have stepped up and will be in charge of setting up the GoFundMe page and organizing raffle baskets and 50/50s. Thank you, Guys.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Link to GoFundMe page...
https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for- ... =undefined

Thank you Jamie Richards.
Geno8121
Triple A Poster

Post by Geno8121 »

Wire2Wire would like to setup a basket a signed Helmet from Steelers HOF’er Dermontti Dawson, a replica Jersey of your choice and an opportunity to guest host on a show Wednesday night! We would love to help out with anything during the day. The Demko’s have our full support and prayers.

Thanks for putting this together Les and thank you Katie, Jamie and Chris for helping with the baskets!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

From Chris Hackney...

Raffles for Memorial Day One Pitch
Softball America- 2 free league fees
Jess McReynolds- Jamie contact for details
Victoria Williams- Hack contact for details
Karol Ann Kinkelin- Katie contact for details
Casey Condron- 200 dollar Gift Card to 44progloves.com
Rhi & Hagans- 70in TV ( This Prize Will Be 20 Dollars A Ticket)
Honcho Athletics- Winners choice of Jersey and Pants
Treedom Sports- Hack will get package details
Ryan Nicholson- Winner receives a custom pair of cleats or turfs
Mike Cebzanov and his fathers GF- Each have a raffle basket he will provide details.
Date Night- Palz 40 dollar Gift Certificate and 2 movie passes to Penn Cinema
The Razzi’s- Kitcheware basket I believe Katie confirm
Bill Brancato- 2 Phillies tix
SBA- Beer Wall
SBA- Basket of Cheer
Anthony Volz- 2 Phillies tix Hack will get seat details and I believe he will work with winner to get them to a good game

Add Wire2Wire basket that includes Replica Jersey of winners choice Signed Helmet from Steelers HOF'er Dermontti Dawson Co Host W2W one Wednesday night
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Katie Cherba: I'm making a basket as well......kids toys
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »