All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2023

General Discussion of Softball Tournaments
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2023

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Player registration now open and underway. Click here to register...
https://cuttingedgesports.net/sbaregist ... eddie.html

Managing Tandems

Paul O'Connor (de) / Pam O'Connor (fe)
Larry Kirschner me) / Monique Dirks fe)
Jamie Richards (fe) / Dan Vescovi me)
Buddy Schwarz (me) / Katie Cherba (fe)
Bill Stone(me) / Linda Dart (fe)
Mike Van Fossen (me) / Julie Cherubini (fe)

Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
Rain Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023

1st Game: 9:00 am (all games to be played at the Eureka Quarry Field)

Please note: This tournament is a metal bat affair. Male and female eddies may use any bat as set forth by Softball America’s regular season bat restriction policy. SBA league bat list is located here...
https://www.cuttingedgesports.net/misc/batlist.pdf

Please DO NOT register for this tournament unless you are reasonably certain you will be able to attend. If, after registering for the tourney, you find you cannot attend, please be considerate enough to manager tandems and those on the alternate list to notify the league office as soon as humanly possible.

Cost: $15.00/player (2 games guaranteed)

This is a 1-day all-eddie softball event. Six teams will be formed entirely through a draft system based on individual player statistics. The 6 teams will then compete for the 1-pitch title. Each batter receives 1 pitch. If the pitch is fouled off, swung at and missed, or hits the mat behind home plate, the batter is struck out. If the pitch is a ball, the batter walks. The rest of the game is played in normal fashion. Winning teams will receive custom hoodies. Plaques and/or trophies will be awarded to the winning managers and tournament MVP's.

This is a great day of softball, fun, food and drink-- kind of like one big picnic where a softball game breaks out every 50 minutes. It's also a great way to meet other Softball America league members. Bring chairs, tents, coolers, and whatever else to make yourself comfortable. Make a day of it or come and go as you please.

Along with 6 manager tandems, an additional 66 players can register to be drafted for a total of 78. Players will be listed in the body of the draft on a first come, first served basis. Players beyond 66 will be listed as alternates. Before the draft takes place, alternates will enter the body of the draft in the order with which they signed up. Males will replace males. Females will replace females. Any player defection post-draft will enter the tournament via a lottery.

*Female eddie non-league members WILL be permitted to enter the tournament.

Tournament play will follow ASA and SBA league rules in addition to the following:

1. When a female is at bat, the umpire will put in play an 11" girls softball. When a male eddie is at bat, the umpire will put in play the standard 12" ball.
2. A 2nd foul ball courtesy for eddies will NOT be observed.
3. All 13 players on the team must be in the batting line-up at all times with the exception of injury.
4. Line-ups must alternate girl/guy or guy/girl for as long as the line-up will allow.

Please know it is entirely possible you could be drafted to a tandem or end up on a team with people you don't like. If that is something you won't be able to deal with, please don't sign up. And please don't be one of those people that signs up, gets on a team you don't like then makes an excuse to bail out. Remember, this is softball. It's all about having fun and nothing more.

Player registration now open and underway. Click here to register...
https://cuttingedgesports.net/sbaregist ... eddie.html

The player draft will be held at the Quarry snack stand on Sunday, September 17th, 8:00 pm.

Round by round draft order is as follows...

Team match-ups and start times are as follows...

Mrbunny
Rookie Poster

Re: All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament / Fall 2023

Post by Mrbunny »

I’ll manage

Larry kirschner
BamBam08
Rookie Poster

Post by BamBam08 »

Remember to change me from ME to DE for eddie status.
Mrbunny
Rookie Poster

Post by Mrbunny »

Monique dirks will manage with larry kirschner
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

We now have 4 managing tandems for the All-Eddie 1-Pitch Tournament. Two more are needed before we can even consider opening up player registration. If we can get 2 more tandems, player registration will open. Then we will see if we can get enough interest from 66 females and older gents. A few alternates are needed as well. This is my 3rd attempt at putting this tournament together, Either it happens in September or it doesn't happen at all, ever.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Bill Stone would like to manage for the eddie 1-pitch. If there is a female that would like to pair up with Bill, please reach out to the league office ASAP.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Registration for eddie 1-pitch draft candidates will open on September 1st. Sadly, we are still in need of a female co-manager to pair with Bill Stone. Being it has taken so long to find a female managing partner does not bode well for the chances of this tourney happening. Where are the girls? My confidence in having this tourney come to fruition is dropping. Nonetheless, I will go through the motions to try and make it happen, but I am not overly confident. Once again, registration for eddie 1-pitch draft candidates will open on September 1st.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

Linda Dart will pair with Bill Stone to form the 6th and final manager tandem. Hurdle #1 negotiated. Hurdle #2 will be getting enough players to fill the 6 teams. We will find out soon enough.
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

If we can pull this off, the draft will be Sunday, September 17th, 8pm at the Quarry ball field.
blouderback
Major League Poster

Post by blouderback »

Come on ladies and fellow old guys! Sign up!
sixofdiamonds
Administrator

Post by sixofdiamonds »

The proposed all-eddie 1-pitch tournament has been canceled due to a lack of interest.
Mrbunny
Rookie Poster

Post by Mrbunny »

Les....thanks for trying.....